Oklahoma Home Invasions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Broken Arrow Homeowner Opens Fire On Burglary Suspects

The day started out like any other, until the homeowner heard a knock at the door. The day started out like any other, until the homeowner heard a knock at the door.

The would-be burglars kicked in the front door of her home. The would-be burglars kicked in the front door of her home.

Little did they know, the homeowner was inside with her weapon loaded and drawn. Little did they know, the homeowner was inside with her weapon loaded and drawn.
BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma -

Two men busted down the door of a Green Country home Friday morning, in what turned out to be a botched burglary

It all went down around 9:30 a.m., near Kenosha and 129th East Avenue.

The attempted burglars had no idea the homeowner was inside, armed and not afraid to shoot.

She doesn't want to share her identity, but this stay-at-home mom wanted to share her story.

"It still doesn't seem real. It seems like it was just kind of a dream," she said.

The day started out like any other, until the homeowner heard a knock at the door.

Bella, the family dog, was on guard, as usual.

"He knocked several times and then I heard him say to someone, ‘They've got a dog,' and I thought that was kind of unusual," the homeowner said.

She checked the peep hole and didn't recognize the man on the other side, so the door stayed shut.

She said, when he left, she went for her weapon.

"I immediately ran and got my gun and put it in the holster on my hip," she said.

Now armed, she checked out all the windows to make sure everything was safe.

Just as she sat down in the living room chair, she said she heard someone coming back up the front walk.

"In less than a second, they were in the door. I mean, they kicked through the storm door, kicked through the front door," she said. "I didn't say anything to them, I just started shooting."

The homeowner fired three shots, but she said it happened so fast, she doesn't remember the third and she doesn't know if she hit either of the suspects. But there's proof she pulled the trigger in the fence about 100 yards from her home.
---------------------------------------

Broken Arrow Homeowner Exchanges Gunfire With Intruders

Broken Arrow Police at a home in the 1500 block of West Nashville. Broken Arrow Police at a home in the 1500 block of West Nashville.
BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma -

Police say a Broken Arrow homeowner shot at two men who had broken into his home Tuesday morning. The incident occurred just before 6:20 a.m. in the 1500 block of West Nashville.

Broken Arrow Police say the homeowner confronted the two men after they had forced their way into his home.

The resident said he fired at the two men and one of them returned fire. The homeowner was not injured, but police don't know if one of the men was shot or not.

Broken Arrow Police say both men ran to an unknown vehicle and drove off.

The investigation into the incident continues.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really glad that you're back and also posting to this thread again regularly Charles! :)

thanks Man... seems home invasions are getting more and more violent. what I still cannot wrap my head around is ... why do people keep doing it.

if more home owners respond to home invasions with gun fire. it would slow down??

like it or not home invasions have become a national problem that doesn't get enough attention.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks Man... seems home invasions are getting more and more violent. what I still cannot wrap my head around is ... why do people keep doing it.

if more home owners respond to home invasions with gun fire. it would slow down??

like it or not home invasions have become a national problem that doesn't get enough attention.

I would sure hope that the more invasions that result in the crooks getting shot would slow it down.

The problem is that most criminals are stupid, desperate people who don't put much thought behind potential consequences... but at least they will be removed from the gene pool.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Law Enforcement Agency Uniform Crime Reports 1980 to 2005
http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/okcrimn.htm
US States Crime 2004 -2006 Crimes per 100,000 and Ranking

The table below provides the rank of each State's reported rate of crime as compared to the 50 States and the District of Columbia. 1 = the highest reported crime rate and 51 = the lowest. Going from one year to the next a higher number means, that compared to other States, the relative crime rate is increasing and a lower number means that the relative level of crime is decreasing. The Index category represents the total number of crimes, and since most crimes involve property crime it is weighted towards these types of crime.
State Year Population Index Violent Property Murder Forcible Rape Robbery Aggravated assault Burglary Larceny- Theft Vehicle Theft
Oklahoma 2008 28 18 11 19 17 10 27 10 10 24 19
Oklahoma 2007 28 21 17 18 19 7 32 12 13 28 16
Oklahoma 2006 28 20 18 21 21 11 34 13 9 26 19
Oklahoma 2005 28 14 18 14 22 12 30 11 5 16 18

--------

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine lives in the village had her back door kicked in while her and her husband were taking a walk. They were gone 20 minutes and both cars were in the driveway. That seems pretty bold to me. I've been looking at security sleves for my door jams. Devil Door seems to be a good one, cost is about $70 per door and you can bolt in on yourself. I would rather no one get in or at least make a hell of a racket trying to do so, as to wake me up. Have dog, but he's a heavy sleeper as well.

corwin1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After someone kicked in our front door while we slept (I think it's described in this thread somewhere) I put EZ-Armor kits on the front and back doors. The door jamb plate is about four feet long and made of 16 gauge steel and it's secured to the frame by seven 3" wood screws. The top two hinges have their own plates, each secured by four 3" wood screws. Someone would literally have to destroy the doors to gain entry that way.

I still worry about windows.

Last edited:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TPD Arrests Man After Couple Held Hostage During Home Invasion

ktul.images.worldnow.com_images_19805257_BG2.jpg

Dustin Sanders

Tulsa Police officers have arrested a man after two people were held hostage in their midtown home.

Officers arrest Dustin Sanders, 19, on two complaints each of kidnapping and robbery with a firearm/dangerous weapon, one complaint of stolen property and another complaint of interfering with a police officer.

It began Friday morning at a home near 39th and south Darlington Avenue in midtown.

Tulsa police said that the victims told them that two men broke down their home's door and barged in.

Sanders and the other man allegedly held them in the house at gunpoint for at least two hours while they rummaged through the home.

Police said the suspects then forced the couple to take them to an ATM to withdraw money. When they returned home, the suspects took a Mercedes station wagon.

Attachments

• 19805257_BG2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 107

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are there any statistics or maps that show the areas where most of these invasions are occurring? I know there is a Tulsa crime map, but how do you differentiate between a burglrey and an occupied home invasion?

I'm also curious about apartments? Do home invasions occur very much in apartment living? Especially in say gated access ones?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
don't think there is a specific Home invasion map for Tulsa anyways. Closest is the Tulsa Work Crime map you mentioned. tried looking this up last year and could not separate Home invasions from other crimes.

purely unscientific ... just based on following Home invasions in Tulsa for the last 3 years or so. Home invasion don't seem to follow any particular pattern. spasm of them happen Northside, then Southside, East ,etc. several cycles of Home invasion clustered near housing projects.

unfortunately NO pattern on where it happens has revealed itself by simply watching Home invasion news.

even the 2-3am pattern of coming in masks on waking up sleeping victims has not held... recent home invasions happened at 9am with thugs kicking in front door. after knocking on door.

used to be pattern was thugs looked for opportunities ... like someone leaving their garage door open at night.

seems the only consistent feature of Home invasion is use of overwhelming force. seldom do home invasion not use multiple thugs. knocking on doors, then overpowering who ever answers the door has not changed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom