Oklahoma liquor laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We cant even get constitutional or otherwise OC, how do you expect to get a cold beer in a liquor store, or a real beer in a Reasor's, or a bottle of wine to go with your steak and french bread you purchase at a grocery store. Gun laws are public opinion, liquor laws are big Oklahoma liquor distributor controlled money, a little different. Just in this session of the legislature made it legal for the liquor stores to be able to sell corkscrews for the wine they sell, you expect any big changes of anything else?

I make beer runs out of state frequently. Oklahoma is loosing my tax $, but they do not care.

Last edited:

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't hold your breath.
Yeah, we wouldnt want to upset the good ole boy friendships between some of our politicians and some of our liquor store owners would we!?

P238,.. do you buy out of state just to take the tax away from the state? Sorry, have to ask cause one of my soap boxes is the difference in alcohol between OK and TX. Basically we are talking a few tenths of a percent difference in alcohol... although, I will contend, Texas beer somehow tastes better. :/

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, we wouldnt want to upset the good ole boy friendships between some of our politicians and some of our liquor store owners would we!?

Yep, they won't upset the apple cart on the hours so they can keep their monopoly.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, they won't upset the apple cart on the hours so they can keep their monopoly.
I got a buddy who runs a liquor store... if you want to call it that. Had the discussion about liquor in grocery stores and he about flew off the handle. I went on to explain to him that it wouldnt kill the liquor store, but it would mean that a liquor store could only exist if it offered things the grocer didnt and one didnt exist at every strip mall down the road.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Missed the cut by 30 seconds.

Dude, you should know when to stock up by now. Always be prepared, right?

Liquor laws are funny. One winter's night I was in a liquor store parking lot waiting on someone inside. A ****** old Econoline comes flying up with "Rock and Roll Fantasy" blasting from what I can only assume was an 8-track. Scrawny-ass, unkempt dude walks in an returns with a bottle in a bag. He gets in the van, guzzles a good bit of it of whatever it was, and cranks the van back up. As the old straight-six roars to life, the speakers are blasting "IT'S ALLL PAAAARRRRT......OF MY ROCK N ROLL DREEEEEEAAAAAAM" as he screeches from the parking lot.

I looked down at my watch and was like MY GOD...if only the store closed 30 minutes earlier, we could have prevented that.

At least we don't have dry counties like Arkansas, for the optimists.

Latest posts

Top Bottom