Oklahoma liquor laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Avgas has a little more tax than .40 and I bring back up to 80 gallons 2 or 3 times a week. I am sure they do not care, but it gives me a little personal satisfaction to have a beer that tastes good to me and a 10% discount on the groceries I bring back. My shrimp seem to be a little fresher also.

avgas is taxed at .194

you should hit up your local breweries for better beer. i found that the Belle Isle brewery here in OKC was awesome. 64oz growler for $13

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It also makes it difficult/impossible to get some good beer such as fat tire from the new belgium family. It is unpasturized and must be shipped, stored, enjoyed cold. Ok laws prohibit this.

Indiana is on my trip list about once a month or so. Fat tire is offered for sale there, it does not get too warm wrapped in blankets in 3 1/2 hours, then back in the cooler. It is drank in some parts of Oklahoma frequently. I have to make a trip to Tennessee to get Yuengling, don't get there as often as I would like. 22lbs/24 pack of bottles. I start looking a weight when I start loading over 420 lbs of cargo.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taste for me is attributed to the extra water or whatever content added.

Nah it isnt extra water either. As a brewer, I have tried and tried to think of what it is and cant figure it out. Water would significantly lower the ABW. It has to be a difference in grain or yeast strain. But I will fully agree it tastes fuller when it comes from Texas. Oklahoma's seems really weak and watered down, but like I said... cant be water.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah it isnt extra water either. As a brewer, I have tried and tried to think of what it is and cant figure it out. Water would significantly lower the ABW. It has to be a difference in grain or yeast strain. But I will fully agree it tastes fuller when it comes from Texas. Oklahoma's seems really weak and watered down, but like I said... cant be water.

Most likely a plot so that we are not satisfied with the taste so we drink 2 of them to get the taste of 1 regular beer. I guess it is working for them.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RidgeHunter said:
Dude, you should know when to stock up by now. Always be prepared, right?

Liquor laws are funny. One winter's night I was in a liquor store parking lot waiting on someone inside. A ****** old Econoline comes flying up with "Rock and Roll Fantasy" blasting from what I can only assume was an 8-track. Scrawny-ass, unkempt dude walks in an returns with a bottle in a bag. He gets in the van, guzzles a good bit of it of whatever it was, and cranks the van back up. As the old straight-six roars to life, the speakers are blasting "IT'S ALLL PAAAARRRRT......OF MY ROCK N ROLL DREEEEEEAAAAAAM" as he screeches from the parking lot.

I looked down at my watch and was like MY GOD...if only the store closed 30 minutes earlier, we could have prevented that.

At least we don't have dry counties like Arkansas, for the optimists.

Oh I keep a good stock of whiskey but the wife won't drink it. Wife decides last minute she would like something, hence the problem. Sure is more fun with her drinkin.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pretty much quit buying beer about a year ago. I brew my own for about .50-.65 cents per bottle depending on type. Some beers we make are just as good as the store bought some a bit better. Of course it's all personal preference. We have high expectations for the new extra stout currently fermenting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom