Oklahoma State Rep. Terry Harrison bags deer but gets fined

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the eastern part of the country like Rhode Island and Delaware, pibald deer are very common and people are urged to take them.
We have very different thinking in Ok though. I don't see the big deal myself.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the eastern part of the country like Rhode Island and Delaware, pibald deer are very common and people are urged to take them.
We have very different thinking in Ok though. I don't see the big deal myself.

I have never actually heard the reason for the regulation. I think it's one of many regulations OK has that need to be removed.

Of course I'm not complaining...I once thought about hunting in Comifornia when I was stationed out there, then I tried to read the hunting regs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never actually heard the reason for the regulation. I think it's one of many regulations OK has that need to be removed.

Of course I'm not complaining...I once thought about hunting in Comifornia when I was stationed out there, then I tried to read the hunting regs.

I don't remember the year but it was in the early 90's I think, when a 15 yr old boy killed a white deer around Guthrie. There is a small population in that area of white deer.
The proud parents posted a pic in the local news, and the poor kid and his family almost had to go into hiding with death threats, etc.
I stand to be corrected, but I think the Native American tribes consider white deer and buffalo to be a holy symbol.

I was told a white buck was killed on I-35 and Waterloo road this weekend by a vehicle. It was laying on the side of the road and people were getting pics of it.
Anybody else hear about this?

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told a white buck was killed on I-35 and Waterloo road this weekend by a vehicle. It was laying on the side of the road and people were getting pics of it.
Anybody else hear about this?

Not after I tossed it in the back of my truck and dropped it off at the taxidermist with my previously "unfilled" deer tag :woohoo1:

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oklahoma State Rep. Terry Harrison bags deer but gets fined

Wish Mr. Harrison was hunting with an AR with a 20rd mag in it, or a suppressor - that would have been cool

He may have been. He won two or three guns at the last Friends of the NRA Banquet. We gave away an AR, but he did not win it.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a knee jerk reaction law to the Sallee's kid back in '97 or '98.

The bad thing is that he had no idea it was different until he got the deer to his place and started hosing the deer off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom