Oklahoma's newest firearms manufacturer???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 2 cents. This is the only town I have ever seen transfer fees over $20....... JS
With respect RC, I've lived all over the country, and $20+ transfer fees are extremely common. Also, if "gunshop A" tacs $70 onto the price they get their pistol for and a $20 transfer fee, while "gunshop B" gives the pistol to you for that price, plus a $40 transfer fee, where are you shopping? Personally, I'm going with whoever can save me the most money for training ammo, just sayin'?

Good luck [edit] I really do hope you succeed. Hopefully in he future you will be known as one of the best AR manufactures in the country. I would buy one of it were in the $700-1000 range.

Thanks Tony, that would be incredible! As for now, I'm just taking it day by day, and getting ready to work a couple custom pistols. Also, I am more than happy to build any budget AR you like Tony! As i spoke of earlier, I'm doing a "pay as you build" program, that let's you pay a little cash, as you have it, and i'll go ahead and order that $ ammount of parts and install them....lmk
Take Care

Exactly! Not sure who the OP is referencing when he mentions $3500 AR's but you can buy Larue, JP, BCM, Noveske, Wilson Combat or any other number of ultra high end AR's for $2500. That's stiff competition to build against.

Hey Doc,
With respect, i'm not going to sit here and challenge, call out, or advertise my future competitors in open forum, but one would be a fool to enter into any business and not to know who they are competing against and what their competitors produce. Though yes, i will admit, some of them have lowered their price points in the past few months, though as you provided a couple for me...
the Larue hits $3.5 with a P&W break http://www.larue.com/predatobr-20inch
JP starting @ $3.65
http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.1_PSC_12.php

And i don't know what type of features you consider to be "Ultra High End", and again, we are still working with our manufacturers, but considering the fact that we are doing R&D on a rifle whose crown has been cut specifically to match our Titanium Bolt, we really are trying to give you the best bang for your buck.

Also RC,
You can buy a nice Remington 700 for $800. You can also buy a Remington 700 type rifle for $4,500. There is a difference between the two, but if you take both rifles to the range with the same ammo and can't see the difference on your target, then obviously the stock Remington is the right choice for you.

But if you can tell the difference, and you're the type of guy that has custom loads for each of your rifles, and know where your projectile will strike at 600 yds with 12mph LtR crosswinds, then yes, the high end rifle may be what you're looking for.

EITHER WAY, I'd be more than happy to build, help you purchase either:thumbup3:

Take Care Guys,
Mike

Last edited:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With respect RC, I've lived all over the country, and $20+ transfer fees are extremely common. Also, if "gunshop A" tacs $70 onto the price they get their pistol for and a $20 transfer fee, while "gunshop B" gives the pistol to you for that price, plus a $40 transfer fee, where are you shopping? Personally, I'm going with whoever can save me the most money for training ammo, just sayin'?

Thanks Tony, that would be incredible, as for now, I'm just taking it day by day, and getting ready to work a couple custom pistols. Also, I am more than happy to build any budget AR you like Tony! As i spoke of earlier, I'm doing a "pay as you build" program, that let's you pay a little cash, as you have it, and i'll go ahead and order that $ ammount of parts and install them....lmk
Take Care

Hey Doc,
With respect, i'm not going to sit here and challenge, call out, or advertise my future competitors in open forum, but one would be a fool to enter into any business and not to know who they are competing against and what their competitors produce. Though yes, i will admit, some of them have lowered their price points in the past few months, though as you provided a couple for me... the Larue hits $3.5 with a P&W break http://www.larue.com/predatobr-20inch
JP starting @ 3.65 http://www.larue.com/predatobr-20inch

And i don't know what type of features you consider to be "Ultra High End", but again, we are still working with manufacturers, but considering the fact that we are doing R&D on a rifle whose crown is is cut specifically to match our Titanium Bolt, we really are trying to give you the best bang for your buck.

Also RC,
You can buy a nice Remington 700 for $800. You can also buy a Remington 700 type rifle for $4,500. There is a difference between the two, but if you take both rifles to the range with the same ammo and can't tell see the difference on your target, then obviously the stock remington us the right choice for you.

But if you can tell the difference, and you're the type of guy that had custom loads for each of your rifles, and know where your projectile will strike at 600 yds with 12mph LtR crosswinds, then yes, the high end rifle may be what you're looking for.

EITHER WAY, I'd be more than happy to build, help you purchase either:thumbup3:

Take Care Guys,
Mike
Those are large frame rifles/308. The Larue is a takedown version. You had mentioned AR15 rifles. I have a hard time finding those for $3500. It's difficult to spend that much.

Explain the crown thing you mentioned, please. Intrigued. I suppose you meant the carrier is titanium and not the bolt itself.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I, too am interested in what makes an AR-pattern rifle worth $3,500. Also more info about the dedicated-suppressed uppers. With no history, no storefront, no website, information is lacking, so if you want to build a reputation that justifies that kind of price point, we'd all surely love to see it.

I'd love to sell my ARs for $2,500, too... but that probably won't be happening until Hillary gets elected, so for now, I'm sticking with my budget builds.

Seriously... I'm not attacking you, I want to know what specifics make your rifles worth that kind of money. Well, or WILL make them worth that kind of money, you don't actually have any produced and out in use right now, do you?

And the all-important question:

What does your roll mark look like. :D

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are large frame rifles/308. The Larue is a takedown version. You had mentioned AR15 rifles. I have a hard time finding those for $3500. It's difficult
to spend that much.

Explain the crown thing you mentioned, please. Intrigued. I suppose you meant the carrier is titanium and not the bolt itself.

My apologies for misspeaking doc, yes the bolt itself it high quality tool steel, while the carrier is machined from a block of a lightweight titanium alloy, and yes, i believe initially that i mentioned both the 10&15 platforms and basically the barrels as blanks are cut using your rifle's bolt to ensure proper headspacing.

Yes, I, too am interested in what makes an AR-pattern rifle worth $3,500. Also more info about the dedicated-suppressed uppers. With no history, no storefront, no website, information is lacking, so if you want to build a reputation that justifies that kind of price point, we'd all surely love to see it.

I'd love to sell my ARs for $2,500, too... but that probably won't be happening until Hillary gets elected, so for now, I'm sticking with my budget builds.

Seriously... I'm not attacking you, I want to know what specifics make your rifles worth that kind of money. Well, or WILL make them worth that kind of money, you don't actually have any produced and out in use right now, do you?

And the all-important question:

What does your roll mark look like. :D

As for the $3500 rifles, you'll have to call one of the companies asking $3500 for their rifles and ask them, i don't anticipate charging nearly that much.
The dedicated suppressed uppers really are just that. Upper recievers with monocore suppressors pinned and welded to a match grade SBR length BBL with an OAL between 16.1 &18.5" and adjustable gas blocked tuned and locked for minimal gas blowback, using subsonic ammo.
As far as reputation is concerned, as the new kid on the block in an established industry, all i can really do is put them in the hands of the respected reviewers on youtube with some decent ammo, and hope they can shoot 'em right. But, I'm not the bragging type, all i'll speak to when the time is right are the components. So, worst case scenario, I'll have some dang fine rifles, a few suppressors, and a couple full autos to play with, and gentlemen..... I'm 100% fine with that.
Also, lol, the lion's head is our logo, and will appear on our firearms and , most likely color-filled

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My apologies for misspeaking doc, yes the bolt itself it high quality tool steel, while the carrier is machined from a block of a lightweight titanium alloy, and yes, i believe initially that i mentioned both the 10&15 platforms and basically the barrels as blanks are cut using your rifle's bolt to ensure proper headspacing.

As for the $3500 rifles, you'll have to call one of the companies asking $3500 for their rifles and ask them, i don't anticipate charging nearly that much.
The dedicated suppressed uppers really are just that. Upper recievers with monocore suppressors pinned and welded to a match grade SBR length BBL with an OAL between 16.1 &18.5" and adjustable gas blocked tuned and locked for minimal gas blowback, using subsonic ammo.
As far as reputation is concerned, as the new kid on the block in an established industry, all i can really do is put them in the hands of the respected reviewers on youtube with some decent ammo, and hope they can shoot 'em right. But, I'm not the bragging type, all i'll speak to when the time is right are the components. So, worst case scenario, I'll have some dang fine rifles, a few suppressors, and a couple full autos to play with, and gentlemen..... I'm 100% fine with that.
Also, lol, the lion's head is our logo, and will appear on our firearms and , most likely color-filled

Thanks,
Mike
That's not a crown.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Also RC,
You can buy a nice Remington 700 for $800. You can also buy a Remington 700 type rifle for $4,500. There is a difference between the two, but if you take both rifles to the range with the same ammo and can't see the difference on your target, then obviously the stock Remington is the right choice for you.

But if you can tell the difference, and you're the type of guy that has custom loads for each of your rifles, and know where your projectile will strike at 600 yds with 12mph LtR crosswinds, then yes, the high end rifle may be what you're looking for.

I have lived all over the place too, 22 years in the Army will do that. I had never seen a trans fee over $20 till I got here. The standard fee here and around Lawton is $35 to 40. I have called around. I even Talk to others around the country about trans fees on occasion and their response is almost always the same "$40 for a trans fee, JESUS" Most of the Guns shops here in Lawton have the same prices on guns no matter what shop you go to as they all collaborate on prices. Ausleys Police Supply being the exception, They have REDICULOUS prices on their inventory. $550 for a Ruger SR9 for example. Internet sales are much cheaper than any local gun store and that's with shipping (MANY have free shipping) and the trans fee

And yes there is a big difference between a $800 Rem 700 as apposed to one that's $4500, but the I wasn't talking about a Rem 700 either. Talking ARs, big difference. There isn't anything that a $3500 LWRC can do that my $1000 AR cant.

If you want to build $2500 or $3500 ARs, then more power to ya. I truly hope you succeed. But in all honesty, Here in Lawton, I don't think you will, ESPECIALLY if you open a store front here in Lawton. The tax rates here in Lawton typically drive prices way up. And purse strings are VERY tight in Lawton for people.

Like I said, I truly hope you can succeed, but I think you would have better luck with your build as you pay program as oppose to building $2500+ ARs. And I will be the first to admit that when it comes to spending $$$, I have short arms and deep pockets. For me that's an Internet buy and the $20 fee I currently pay. For $2500, I can get a minimum Milspec AR and 4000 Rds of ammo to play with

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey RC,
Yes, i've noticed that the prices are pretty much the same around town, because everyone wants to make $50-150 on each firearm sale, which i why i intend on selling them with my only profit being the transfer fee. Additionally, i think i mentioned that i will be offering our pay as you build program for custom ARs of any quality. But i will be picky as to the ones the wear my specific recievers. Additionally, i don't anticipate many sales of my signature series rifles to be in Lawton. In Lawton, i expect the majority of my income to be derived from firearm upgrades, like the 300BLK conversion (which I'll be pushing pretty hard). And thank you for your well-wishing, it is much appreciated!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well... I'm not sure I'm understanding this right, the way you're talking about it. If you're a dealer, and you're bringing in firearms and selling them (for your mentioned $50-150 markup) there IS no transfer fee. Transfer fees are generally only incurred when a firearm is purchased from another dealer and mailed to you, then you do the 4473 and charge the transfer fee. If a dealer is charging me both a markup on the pistol from wholesale to retail, and THEN charging me to do the paperwork (which is just part of the sale, from my point of view), then I'm out of there.

It's like the maggot dealer who told a customer in Vinita he was required by the state to collect sales tax on an out of state purchase of a firearm in addition to his transfer fee requirement - that customer got robbed.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well... I'm not sure I'm understanding this right, the way you're talking about it. If you're a dealer, and you're bringing in firearms and selling them (for your mentioned $50-150 markup) there IS no transfer fee. Transfer fees are generally only incurred when a firearm is purchased from another dealer and mailed to you, then you do the 4473 and charge the transfer fee. If a dealer is charging me both a markup on the pistol from wholesale to retail, and THEN charging me to do the paperwork (which is just part of the sale, from my point of view), then I'm out of there.

It's like the maggot dealer who told a customer in Vinita he was required by the state to collect sales tax on an out of state purchase of a firearm in addition to his transfer fee requirement - that customer got robbed.

No, hes basically talking a flat rate mark up instead of the usual 10%. You would pay HIS cost for the gun at no profit and pay what he would charge for a transfer fee. Plus shipping, plus tax as well. If you buy a $400 gun from him and he charges $40 for a transfer fee, that's $440. That would be the same as the $400 gun and a 10% markup. Works out for the buyer the higher the price of the gun, but the lower the price of the gun the less beneficial it is to the buyer. Of course that depends on where he sets his Transfer fee.

Since I build my own ARs, Buying say, a Spikes Lower for $100 would be no real benefit since 10% of $100 would be $110 as opposed to the transfer fee would be $140. But If I bought a $2000 BCM it would be a deal since the 10% markup would be $2200 but with his transfer fee it would be $2040

Latest posts

Top Bottom