OKshooters letter of appreciation, encouragement to police proposal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we showing support for cops that enforce unconstitutional gun laws, man roadblocks/checkpoints, and arrest folks for possession of a plant? Or just showing support for the "good" cops? Not sure how much law and order I want to endorse, to be honest...

If you're not comfortable with it, then don't. It's a pretty simple equation.

You can support police officers for doing a dangerous and difficult job, while still working to change laws you feel are improper. They're not mutually-exclusive positions. But then, there is plenty of support for you to join the "defund the police" side if that's the way you feel.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If something has been legislated to be illegal, then it is law enforcement's job to enforce those laws. Every law is constitutional until it has been ruled as unconstitutional. So, support these folks as they attempt to do their job. Cops that are corrupt or abusive need to be gone, so again the good ones need our support so that they will be confident in policing their own ranks.

Ok, officer.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're not comfortable with it, then don't. It's a pretty simple equation.

You can support police officers for doing a dangerous and difficult job, while still working to change laws you feel are improper. They're not mutually-exclusive positions. But then, there is plenty of support for you to join the "defund the police" side if that's the way you feel.

Well, a pizza delivery driver is twice as likely to get shot on the job, so let's get that BS out of the way for a start, shall we?

I don't have to "take a side" - that's the problem. Too many folks think it's one thing or another?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, a pizza delivery driver is twice as likely to get shot on the job, so let's get that BS out of the way for a start, shall we?

I don't have to "take a side" - that's the problem. Too many folks think it's one thing or another?

Like I said... if you don't believe in police doing their jobs, you don't have to support them.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think someone drove up on a checkpoint and got caught with a grow light, drip system and seedlings growing in their trunk. Then tried the old.....:anyone:

Nope. No drugs or booze for this boy.

Perhaps I should ingest some, it might make it easier to reconcile "good cops"= doing their jobs with checkpoints, warrantless searches, no-knock entry, and enforcing gun restrictions.

Gun guys (mostly) complain and fight nonsense unconstitutional laws, but fail to consider that without these "good cops" those nonsense laws would have no teeth.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. No drugs or booze for this boy.

Perhaps I should ingest some, it might make it easier to reconcile "good cops"= doing their jobs with checkpoints, warrantless searches, no-knock entry, and enforcing gun restrictions.

Gun guys (mostly) complain and fight nonsense unconstitutional laws, but fail to consider that without these "good cops" those nonsense laws would have no teeth.

Well you're always welcome to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Again... when some of us are trying to show support for people who do an extremely difficult and dangerous job and put their lives on the line to protect us, our families, our businesses and our society. You keep bringing up things that we all acknowledge as problematic, but are not in favor of scrapping the system, NOR of lumping the good in with the bad.

Once again... it's quite simple. You can support our police as a general institution and the individuals who do the job, while still condemning the bad aspects. They're not mutually exclusive. But you can continue to throw poo if you want, those of us who want to support the police will do so, and you can do what you want. Or not.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well you're always welcome to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Again... when some of us are trying to show support for people who do an extremely difficult and dangerous job and put their lives on the line to protect us, our families, our businesses and our society. You keep bringing up things that we all acknowledge as problematic, but are not in favor of scrapping the system, NOR of lumping the good in with the bad.

Once again... it's quite simple. You can support our police as a general institution and the individuals who do the job, while still condemning the bad aspects. They're not mutually exclusive. But you can continue to throw poo if you want, those of us who want to support the police will do so, and you can do what you want. Or not.

I just want to make you happy.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my rough draft

My Letter to police

Thank you.

This is a personal letter from me to you the law enforcement officer. You are the buffer between society and those who would destroy it. You are vilified in the press and despised by the political forces above you. Each day you wear the badge you expose yourself to danger and it is getting worse every day.

You train constantly to prepare yourself to make split second decisions that sometimes mean life or death. When you make that decision you must have the internal fortitude to act upon it and then live with that decision the rest of your life. If and when that time comes, I know no words can take away the hurt, the pain, the mental anguish you may experience. Know this, no words can tell you how much you are needed.

Please do not let the constant negative uproar affect your professionalism or your actions. You are needed and wanted by the vast majority of those you have chosen to serve. Please do not get discouraged. Keep righteousness in your work and love for your fellow man in your heart.

I will close with the request that you read and remember the last paragraph of the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession… law enforcement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom