Letter to police revisited

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not letting this die just because of some negative police comments killing the thread.

I have posted my rough draft of my letter as I would write it. Somehow I feel it is still incomplete.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/...to-police-proposal.294059/page-3#post-3393327

For those who want to continue with it please either post here or at the thread above.
If you have any additions, deletions, corrections, please post.

Here is my rough draft

My Letter to police

Thank you.

This is a personal letter from me to you the law enforcement officer. You are the buffer between society and those who would destroy it. You are vilified in the press and despised by the political forces above you. Each day you wear the badge you expose yourself to danger and it is getting worse every day.

You train constantly to prepare yourself to make split second decisions that sometimes mean life or death. When you make that decision you must have the internal fortitude to act upon it and then live with that decision the rest of your life. If and when that time comes, I know no words can take away the hurt, the pain, the mental anguish you may experience. Know this, no words can tell you how much you are needed.

Please do not let the constant negative uproar affect your professionalism or your actions. You are needed and wanted by the vast majority of those you have chosen to serve. Please do not get discouraged. Keep righteousness in your work and love for your fellow man in your heart.

I will close with the request that you read and remember the last paragraph of the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession… law enforcement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom