Okshooters Trout Fishing Trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where we fishing??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only been to 3 of those places. I won't go back to Robbers Cave because it is more like a big pond. I like rivers, streams and creeks. I voted Lower Illinois. It's closer for me and the potential for numbers is there. I like the Lower Mountain Fork but it can be tough at times. Right now is one of those tough times from what I'm reading. Example, I went two times in April and had my best 2 day trip ever down there and caught 65. Many were on a dry fly which is the best to see. Two weeks later I only caught 16 fish on another 2 day trip. I did manage one big one but there is a lot of fishing pressure where I fish on the LMF river. I've never fished Zone 2 there and don't know any good spots. Driving 7-8 hours total,to the LMF, I don't like to explore unless I'll be there more than one day.

TulsaMAE

Marksman
Reaction score
February on the lower Illinois would be perfect. The lower Illinois has gotten so much better in the last three years it's unreal. Also, it's a good river to use both flyfishing and bait/spincast.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lower Illinois/feburary would be fine with me. I've never been fishing there but, I wouldn't mind going. Where's a good are to fish? (bait and pole)

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wes, i havn't fished the lower illinois before... there is a guy i used to work with that could give us some good sopts to check out. does anyone know if the lower illinois is real slippery like the lower mt. fork? i actually feel in at the mt. fork and started to do the back stroke to the bank. dec. 19th and it was about 19 degrees that mornin'... burrr.. let me just say that i was glad we had seat warmers to get me to the cabin.lol.... so who all is in for sure?? this sounds like a good time to me. count glockwork1987 in!!!!!

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, let's shoot for feburary 5th? First Saturday of the month.
Let's settle on a day sometime soon so I can write it down on the calendar.

Maybe some fishing until late afternoon, then a tailgate fishfry?

Mmmm... Makes me hungry.

It's looking like it's gonna be Illinois, let's get a "yea" or "nay" for FEB 5th
:freezing:

Latest posts

Top Bottom