Okshooters Trout Fishing Trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where we fishing??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well. I haven't heard any complaints with Sat Feb 8th.
And it looks like LIR is the place to go.
Around new years I will start a thread to confirm
this trip.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just found this thread. I would be down for anywhere if work schedule will allow it.
I'm a newb at fly fishing myself, and would consider it a great learning experience.

bobed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went fly fishing for the first friday morning and had a blast. Still need alot of work on my form but I am hooked. I have been several times trout fishing with a spinning setup but a fly rod puts a whole new spin on it. I purchased a cheap Fluger setup that will work for now but I am already looking at upgrading. I think it would be great to meet other people from OSA and do some fishing.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This sounds like a great way to meet the crew and have some much needed fun fishing. I've only fished Blue River a few times and the fishing was terrific. I'd love to try join all you fine folks at the LIR.

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This sounds like a great way to meet the crew and have some much needed fun fishing. I've only fished Blue River a few times and the fishing was terrific. I'd love to try join all you fine folks at the LIR.

more than welcome... this trip sounds like a blast!!! i am ready to get schooled on the fly fishing part... but dont make me break out the ultra light!!! it will be wrap!! lol... who all is planning on attending??:woohoo1:

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always fished above the water release down below Broken Bow dam. Fishing is better at the L.I.R. when water is off. I've caught fish when they had 2 gates open though but it's not worth the trip. My experience has been better with it off. When the main gates are closed they still let a little water out to keep the water flowing. That also can effect fishing too. Too little and a couple of spots that hold fish aren't as productive. This past saturday it was lower than the previous saturday. We caught fish but not as many.

Latest posts

Top Bottom