Old Fort 3 Gun Match May 30th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What happend was simple, the RO had it out for the better shooters in the squad and DQ'd two us for no reason at all other than a few shotgun safeties being left off with rounds still in the gun. Geshhhhhh! :crying:

What happened to me was I thought I felt the bolt lock to the rear so I thought I was grounding an empty gun turns out it was LOADED and I never hit the safety! :eek2:

Doug Bowdler had a FTE on his last shot and thought he was at slide lock so he grounded the gun with rounds in the tube and no safety on.

Lesson learned - Always put the safety on even if you think the gun is empty. That 0.5 seconds you save during the run isn't worth the 6 hours of driving and getting DQ'd from a match that you would have EASILY won! :rotflmao:

Kurt, I will take one of those Red-Neck Tactical safeties.

I'll upload the videos later today.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are my videos from the match.

Old Fort 3 Gun

I missed the video on our first stage, stage #3 and then I didn't get to do much shooting after the 6th stage.

If you guys like CQB rifle, shooting close steel and clays with the shotgun, and a little bit of pistol work to keep the short gun awake this match is for you. They used some tight fault lines on a lot of the rifle stuff so a shorter rifle would have been nice. I think I may need to be looking for a 16" to fill in the void. :rubhands:

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are my videos from the match.

Old Fort 3 Gun

I missed the video on our first stage, stage #3 and then I didn't get to do much shooting after the 6th stage.

If you guys like CQB rifle, shooting close steel and clays with the shotgun, and a little bit of pistol work to keep the short gun awake this match is for you. They used some tight fault lines on a lot of the rifle stuff so a shorter rifle would have been nice. I think I may need to be looking for a 16" to fill in the void. :rubhands:

This was a really fun match with some stage design that is a little out of the ordinary but made excelent use of the bays with lots of movement. My SBR was the ticket for this one! In fact, some of the shooting was so tight I thought about taking the supressor off for a couple of the stages. Lol...

Latest posts

Top Bottom