Old school vs New school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
you have a vault with a KELTEC in it? seriously though, the smith and wesson 38 and the 1911 don't get the same treatment...blaspheme

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

Wow, and double wow. Did he just compare a KelTec PF9, a Ruger Single Six, and Kahr's to the COLT SAA? BTW, it was WW II that stopped the production of Colt SAA, they were tooled up to make more 1911's, DA revolvers, sub-guns, and machine guns.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing like getting whacked in the forehead from a 44 cal ball bouncing off a giant oak fence post. About 45 years ago I was enjoying my 1851 colt navy repro in 44 when that happened.. No serious injury, but it does show how hard Oak fence posts can be..

Kinda shows how hard a noggin can be too though eh?

pistolguy

Marksman
Reaction score
do you know what civilian defense relevant speed and accuracy IS, bud? :-) it's ability to react to a signal, draw from ccw, and hit the chest, at 10 ft, in 3/4 second. That's fast enough to handle almost anything, but the only way to be that fast is to have your hand already on the gun, in front pants pocket holster. You can live in a fantasy world if you like. I've had to point my pistol at people 4x in my life, and guess what? They froze in place.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here, just one pistol is kept at hand, the Keltec PF 9, with the Twisted Industries .22lr conversion unit. My girl uses a Kahr CM9. The AR and the 1911 are kept in the storage locker, minus the bolt of the AR, and the firing pin and hammer of the 1911. Both have .22lr conversion units. Typical theives won't have a clue how to make the assemblies go bang. :-)

Sorry to disillusion you, but the old Colt SAA broke down a lot, due to the tiny leaf springs being used in the mechanism. That weakness is what made Ruger SA revolvers sell so well, and made Colt drop the SA about WW2 time, and only brought it back, after many years, as a "custom shop" option.

:scratch: Does not compute...

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do you know what civilian defense relevant speed and accuracy IS, bud? :-) it's ability to react to a signal, draw from ccw, and hit the chest, at 10 ft, in 3/4 second. That's fast enough to handle almost anything, but the only way to be that fast is to have your hand already on the gun, in front pants pocket holster. You can live in a fantasy world if you like. I've had to point my pistol at people 4x in my life, and guess what? They froze in place.

Mall ninja dipshit. Welcome to osa, you are gonna make friends real fast...

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
:popcorn:. if you have pulled your weapon 4 times, either you are hangin out in the wrong places, with the wrong people, or have an itchy finger...

Latest posts

Top Bottom