Older Winchesters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
30 Wcf, 32 Wcf, 22.Lr where is a good place to have things checked out if a new part or two maybe needed. Is it possible to find original parts or better to go with new parts?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great rifles. Is there something wrong with them that you’re aware of or are you wanting to know where to buy parts “just in case”? In your profile you don’t mention where in Oklahoma you call home so it’s a bit difficult to suggest a good smith to give them a once over.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great rifles. Is there something wrong with them that you’re aware of or are you wanting to know where to buy parts “just in case”? In your profile you don’t mention where in Oklahoma you call home so it’s a bit difficult to suggest a good smith to give them a once over.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Need a dust cover, spring. set screw on an 1873. I think there were a few models. I didn't know if all parts were the same between models. Without damaging the value how to deep clean it.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Need a dust cover, spring. set screw on an 1873. I think there were a few models. I didn't know if all parts were the same between models. Without damaging the value how to deep clean it.

Mark Novak has some good videos on YouTube that go into detail about how to clean without doing damage to the original metal and wood finishes.

Jack First has some reproduction parts for older guns.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Repops should be plentiful as these were the most commonly lost parts.
God, I miss Shotgun News for all these hard to find parts.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mark Novak has some good videos on YouTube that go into detail about how to clean without doing damage to the original metal and wood finishes.

Jack First has some reproduction parts for older guns.
Watched a video or two. Not sure I can do all that all on my own may need a few pointers. Have the basic set of skills and want to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom