One More Reason to Love Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our paper has printed an add for a gun auction with a bit of a scribblers error that was printed in a rural newspaper. It's add in the paper read:

A GUN WILL BE RAFFLED OFF THIS SATURDAY TO CRIPPLE CHILDREN

Should have been FOR cripple children.
No one noticed.
Ha!

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our paper has printed an add for a gun auction with a bit of a scribblers error that was printed in a rural newspaper. It's add in the paper read:

No one noticed.
Ha!

:oops3: :homer:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No one noticed.
Ha!

When I was living in Ada, the newspaper was terrible about typos and other errors. One of my coworkers was so incensed that he wrote a letter to the editor complaining about the paper's sloppiness......As you might guess they printed his letter but added in several typos and grammatical errors.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was living in Ada, the newspaper was terrible about typos and other errors. One of my coworkers was so incensed that he wrote a letter to the editor complaining about the paper's sloppiness......As you might guess they printed his letter but added in several typos and grammatical errors.
I have a similar story about the Ada Evening News. When John Paul was elected Pope of the Catholic Church, the headline read "Vatican elects non Catholic Pope" When it should have said "Vatican elects non Italian Pope".
Ha!

Latest posts

Top Bottom