Love's Travel Stop Pizza

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was out hunting hogs and on the way home, stopped at a Love's to get a snack. Kinda embarrassing, but I got a small Godfather's all meat pizza and either I was really hungry or it was actually pretty good. I'd get one again. Somewhat surprised. Expensive though.
I do the same thing after hog hunting. They are pricey and not too bad.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't had one in a while. I got one occasionally from a little convenience store/gas station in the Idaho boonies while delivering propane. They were pretty good.

But I'll go out of my way to get a cup of Columbian coffee from those grind and brew machines at Love's. That's some good coffee.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was out hunting hogs and on the way home, stopped at a Love's to get a snack. Kinda embarrassing, but I got a small Godfather's all meat pizza and either I was really hungry or it was actually pretty good. I'd get one again. Somewhat surprised. Expensive though.
I've been pleasantly surprised at how good Casey's pizza is (at least the one in Seminole) and the OnCue on Waterloo had good pizza the last time we tried it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get one of the Godfathers Pizzas the classic combo at the Loves in Tecumseh when i am out that way.
Always EXCELLENT!!
Braums is good there also.
I worked at Godfathers in Moore when they were around and these are darn near the same.
Only difference is the crust is frozen now.
We made dough fresh daily. Had to let it rise 2 times then roll out and put it on the pan and it had to proof or rise a bit on the pan before it could be slathered with sauce and goodies.

Either way they are tasty.
Another good pizza can be found at the Pizza Hut near south 29th and May.
Pizza Hut in Yukon is a no go after getting the others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Godfather Pizza used to be run by Herman Cain if you remember him.

The pizzas are as good as any other place, but relatively expensive since they don't seem to have regular coupons.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get one of the Godfathers Pizzas the classic combo at the Loves in Tecumseh when i am out that way.
Always EXCELLENT!!
Braums is good there also.
I worked at Godfathers in Moore when they were around and these are darn near the same.
Only difference is the crust is frozen now.
We made dough fresh daily. Had to let it rise 2 times then roll out and put it on the pan and it had to proof or rise a bit on the pan before it could be slathered with sauce and goodies.

Either way they are tasty.
Another good pizza can be found at the Pizza Hut near south 29th and May.
Pizza Hut in Yukon is a no go after getting the others.
I think there is still a Godfathers pizza at the Loves in Yukon on 39th and Garth Brooks.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an idea for a pizza I want to make next time I feel like making one from scratch. On a thin crust, use A1 think & Hearty for the sauce, ground beef or venison, onion, shrooms, maybe a sprinkle on Montreal steak seasoning and lite cheddar to hold it all together. I have got to do that soon.

I would call it Okie style pizza but ours would probably have chicken fried steak and cream gravy for the sauce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom