One of the things wrong with America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lose weight or go somewhere else!

290-pound man sues White Castle over small booths

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A New York man is suing White Castle claiming the booths in one of its hamburger restaurants are too small.

Martin Kessman says in the federal lawsuit filed last week that he was embarrassed in 2009 when he tried squeezing his 6-foot, 290-pound frame into the seating at a White Castle in Nanuet, N.Y. He says he slammed his knee into a metal post under the table and was in pain.

The lawsuit claims the restaurant could not accommodate a customer of Kessman's stature, in violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act. The suit seeks an unspecified financial judgment.

Spokesman Jamie Richardson at White Castle headquarters in Columbus, Ohio, says the restaurant is being replaced and that the new one will have roomier seating.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I pretty much could sue every restaurant I go to...But wait, I am smart enough to know that the reason I can't fit into that booth is because I am eating a White Castle. Also, being overweight is not a disability. There may be some disabilities that can lead to being overweight, but it is few and far between.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow...I hope it is thrown out and they tell him to shut up or lose some damn weight. There are options if he lacks the willpower to do it himself. But if he can afford white castle and the attorney he can afford to see a doctor or some means to help himself.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
as much as I would like to agree with zombie, the fast food industry and their lobbyist for cheaper illegal immigrant labor, adjusting our USDA food pyramid, and modifying our food genetically....we are obese for a reason. So make bigger booths and make that accommodation. I guess they want their cake and eat it too?

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as much as I would like to agree with zombie, the fast food industry and their lobbyist for cheaper illegal immigrant labor, adjusting our USDA food pyramid, and modifying our food genetically....we are obese for a reason. So make bigger booths and make that accommodation. I guess they want their cake and eat it too?

Conspiracy theorist!

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

nobody is making people eat that crap they call food. I would rather eat at home for less and better quality food. Have you seen what passes as hamburger or beef from fast food restaurants? Never seen actual non processed beef look like that...

If people would stop being lazy ignorant slobs we wouldn't have this problem, but everybody has their hand out wanting something for nothing.

I think I've done that at every booth or table I've ever sat at.

except you are a freak of nature at 8 feet tall

Latest posts

Top Bottom