Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Open Carry be permissible under the law?

• Total voters

wlcharm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been watching this for a while and I think we are own worst enemies. If someone wants to open carry as gun owners we all should be standing behind them not going on about having or not having a tactical advantage.
The only tactical disadvantage is not having a gun when you need it. :soapbox:

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been watching this for a while and I think we are own worst enemies. If someone wants to open carry as gun owners we all should be standing behind them not going on about having or not having a tactical advantage.
The only tactical disadvantage is not having a gun when you need it. :soapbox:

+infinity!!!!
what i have been trying to say the whole time. finally someone else gets it.

chevy4wd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my reasons for supporting open carry is to reduce the pressure of the concealed carry restrictions. I am a smaller guy and am finding it difficult to comfortably conceal without worrying about "printing". If I was carrying and someone noticed a print then so what. With an open carry option it should not matter. Also if I was carrying under my coat/jacket but got hot and decided to take my coat off for a while, again it would not matter if my weapon was then revealed to the rest of the surrounding public.

:osu:patriot:

Jujen Kai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Much the same as chevy4wd said, I'd prefer it simply because if a cover garment 'fails' (Oklahoma wind opens more than a few jackets) and your weapon either prints or is exposed, you would still be covered.

From a personal standpoint, I prefer to conceal, but that is only my opinion of what is best for me. If OC were legal and I found a point at which OC was better for me, I would happily utilize it.

GLOCK-Lover

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One of my reasons for supporting open carry is to reduce the pressure of the concealed carry restrictions. I am a smaller guy and am finding it difficult to comfortably conceal without worrying about "printing". If I was carrying and someone noticed a print then so what. With an open carry option it should not matter. Also if I was carrying under my coat/jacket but got hot and decided to take my coat off for a while, again it would not matter if my weapon was then revealed to the rest of the surrounding public.

:osu:patriot:

Why is everyone so concerned about "printing?" The bulge could be anything, a colostomy bag, for instance. I don't worry unless my shirt is tight enough to show the outline of the gun. A bulge I don't worry about. I do, however, support open carry.

Jon1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why is everyone so concerned about "printing?" The bulge could be anything, a colostomy bag, for instance. I don't worry unless my shirt is tight enough to show the outline of the gun. A bulge I don't worry about. I do, however, support open carry.

I'm with you, I actually like the idea that my shirt or jacket can be blown open. It's like the open-carry loophole for states that prohibit it.

Windy day...light loose jacket.....whoops!

kat sass

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what useful purpose is there for "open" carry? We lived until recently without "any" carry. I'm pleased they passed what they did. What is the/a necessity for "open carry". Explain a necessity/reason for it. I don't mean to be contentious either, but sorry, I just don't see a need to "open carry". AND, the law says concealed weapon. I wouldn't push my luck at all with open carrying when I get my permit.

We best be concentrating on keeping our 2nd Amendment Rights preserved for the next few years! Just my humble opinion.

kat sass

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what useful purpose is there for "open" carry? We lived until recently without "any" carry. I'm pleased they passed what they did. What is the/a necessity for "open carry". Explain a necessity/reason for it. I don't mean to be contentious either, but sorry, I just don't see a need to "open carry". AND, the law says concealed weapon. I wouldn't push my luck at all with open carrying when I get my permit.

We best be concentrating on keeping our 2nd Amendment Rights preserved for the next few years! Just my humble opinion.

kat sass

I would only open carry in the car. Carrying concealed on your body while driving can be difficult to access many times. Carrying concealed in a console or glove box is equally time consuming to access. Having it open on the seat or on my hip without cover would be helpful, IMO. The easiest way now is in the seat with a newspaper over it, but still...

Latest posts

Top Bottom