Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Open Carry be permissible under the law?

• Total voters

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I probably would not open carry, but I believe 100% that it should be an option. I believe that it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. The fact that it is illegal is unconstitutional. I guess I'm an extremist, but I don't think you should need a permit for any kind of gun carrying or owning. Having to pay for a CHL is no different than a poll tax. They are charging you to exercise your rights. Same with with $200 tax for NFA stuff. It takes the ATF way too damn long to pass go for them to collect 200 dollars. Charging citizens to exercise their rights doesn't sit well with me. How about a permit required to petition the government or go to the church of your choice. It's hogwash.

I agree 100%! Having to pay for a license to carry a gun is, well, Gun Control. I also agree that is a constitutional right of all Americans to carry either in the open or concealed. The politicians have had too much free reign and have become too crooked. I once heard a politician on the radio that called in and said that Silence was considered to them, consent.

Edit:
Also, to the LEO's, Have you ever had a person come up to you and attack you while you were in uniform?? I don't think that it occurs too often. Why?? Because criminals can painly see that you are carrying a gun. In fact, I have never heard of a criminal going up to an officer of any kind and attacking them unless they wanted to commit suicide by way of officer.

Now, I would like to think that that same criminal would think the same of me openly carrying my firearm. I don't worry about tactical advantage so much as to the fact that this person would see that I am not a victim because I am exercising my right as an American Citizen.

Gbart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i wouldnt open carry but i def. think it should be legal. Plus then if you print a little every now and then you dont have to worry. I think its our right and it should without a doubt be an option.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree 100%! Having to pay for a license to carry a gun is, well, Gun Control. I also agree that is a constitutional right of all Americans to carry either in the open or concealed. The politicians have had too much free reign and have become too crooked. I once heard a politician on the radio that called in and said that Silence was considered to them, consent.

Edit:
Also, to the LEO's, Have you ever had a person come up to you and attack you while you were in uniform?? I don't think that it occurs too often. Why?? Because criminals can painly see that you are carrying a gun. In fact, I have never heard of a criminal going up to an officer of any kind and attacking them unless they wanted to commit suicide by way of officer.

Now, I would like to think that that same criminal would think the same of me openly carrying my firearm. I don't worry about tactical advantage so much as to the fact that this person would see that I am not a victim because I am exercising my right as an American Citizen.

I would have to disagree with this paragraph. I personally know of one officer who was shot and killed with his own weapon after being attacked (in uniform) by a man out on probation who didn't want to go back to jail. He worked a second job at the same place I did. There have been many officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty because they were attacked while on duty, with their gun in plain sight. (Trooper Nicky Green comes to mind.) It happens. More often than I care to think about.

While I am not sure I would open carry, I do believe that the ability to carry either openly or concealed should be a person's option, and not mandated by law.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally know of one officer who was shot and killed with his own weapon after being attacked (in uniform) by a man out on probation who didn't want to go back to jail. .......

..... I do believe that the ability to carry either openly or concealed should be a person's option, and not mandated by law.

Athough I'm retired military, never law enforcement, I understand the feeling of being a target because of the uniform and job you do.

Thanks for doing a tough job and working to keep the rest of us safe.:thanku:

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus then if you print a little every now and then you dont have to worry.

I'm with ya on that. I don't know bout yall, but being fairly thin, I find it hard to conceal when it's hot without constantly worrying whether some idiot is going to catch a glimpse of the outline of my weapon.

Having said that, I probably would open carry under certain circumstances if it was allowed, eg: to the gas station etc...

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The officers that were killed in the line of duty.....

How many were standing in line at McDonald's or walking out of a movie theater?

It seems to me that I always hear of cops getting killed making traffic stops and other such things where they are approaching the person(s) in question. In the line of duty, as in doing their job being the key point I believe.

While I may not ever carry open (private land excluded), I would still vote for it to be legal.

Although if you think about it, imagine walking out to your car from the local mall. Some young punk decides he wants to mug you. If you're concealed carrying, bad news for him/her. If you're open carrying, he/she might think you're a LEO and/or too much of a risk for a target and move on. Why do I believe this? I've seen numerous encounters with two, three, or even more thugs broken up when they see mall security come rolling up even though mall security is unarmed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom