Open Letter: HB1414 Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loslosbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just sent this to my state rep, Doctor Renegar:

Doctor Renegar!

Thanks much for your continued public service, we do appreciate you, and I thought in particular helping Chris Ford get an exception back when he was Sheriff was a super smart move, and we in Latimer County appreciate it.

I'm contacting you about HB1414, the "Open Carry" law.

I urge you to support this law, as there are many situations where open carry is appropriate, prudent and smart.

Carrying unloaded firearms produces its own risks!

Normal day-to-day situations including handling cash on the way to a bank puts normal people including business owners (but sometimes their employees!) in a situation where they are performing the duties of an unpaid, untrained security guard.

Open, visible, and clear carry is a deterrence factor.

We appreciate your service, and we all know you have a lot on your plate!

G.

Gregory Sudderth
Wilburton

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
You do know that this bill is no longer current? We will have to start over again next year. Sorry to be a buzz kill, but hope to see all the support again next legislative session.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it is a dead issue since HB1414 didn't get to the floor, but I still have a question regarding that bill. The way I read the bill, it DID NOT allow one to actually open carry on one's person. I took it to read that open carry was only good under certain circumstances and in motor vehicles.

Did I miss something in the bill? And, if I did read it right, wouldn't we want our representatives that sponsor another bill to reword a new bill to allow open carry on one's person?

Latest posts

Top Bottom