PD chief apologizes for thin blue line flag - Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve known officers who move from one agency to another. I always thought of them as drifters.

I worked at Spencer PD for thirteen years. I spent as much time as I could on the street as possible, but I always heard about the politics and disputes.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://policetribune.com/minnesota...e-flag-for-law-enforcement-appreciation-day/?
Why does this continue to happen? I would tell them to go pound sand. Your being offended is not my causation or concern.

The police chiefs that have succumbed all recognize the image has been hijacked by the alt left to undermine the exact meaning of the flag but they still take the easy way out not standing up for the image as it was created. Granted, it is not a Betsy Ross or a civil war or a Gadsden flag but it was created for one purpose and that was to appreciate the LE officers who have died for their service.

The police chief of Golden Valley, who took the helm of the department just six months ago, made a public apology for posting a Thin Blue Line flag image to social media for National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.

Golden Valley Police Chief Virgil Green posted the flag image on Jan. 9 in a message acknowledging and thanking Golden Valley police officers for their service to the community, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

But on Jan. 13, Chief Green shared to the police department’s official Facebook page an apology for the post honoring his officers.

He said the post had been meant in a positive way but acknowledged that some residents were offended by the Thin Blue Line flag and he apologized for using the police support symbol in his message.

“Our social media post also included an image of the thin blue line flag,” the police chief wrote. “While the post was intended to thank our police officers, it appears the image offended some who viewed it. For this, I sincerely apologize.”

“For many, the thin blue line flag has always represented a way to honor the commitment we make as first responders to protect our community,” Chief Green’s post to the police department’s official Facebook page continued. “It is disappointing that in recent years the flag’s positive intention has been tarnished with divisive undertones and actions. We do not want to promote these negative connotations.”

The police chief included information about the history of the Thin Blue Line flag and its origins in his post and encouraged those who were offended to read up on it.

He said that it was his duty to acknowledge and thank his officers on National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day and to make the public aware of important days honoring police.

But Chief Green also said in his message that he didn’t want to offend anyone in the process.

“In the future, the Golden Valley Police Department will use images that do not bring unwarranted controversy between the police and the public,” he wrote.

The police chief, who became top cop in June of 2022, took heat from outraged residents who disagreed with his apology.

View attachment 343951

Some posted Thin Blue Line images and more social media criticism of Chief Green.

“Full support for the Golden Valley Police Department & every other LE agency around the country,” @MissElizabethA tweeted on Thursday morning. “This extremely weak ‘chief’ needs to resign. He’s part of the problem, and gave his officers a reason to be ashamed/ embarrassed of him. These folks stepped up to risk their lives.”

“As a MN resident, I will avoid any business in Golden Valley. Your cowering to a few at the expense of law enforcement,” @GerryPo tweeted.

Some critics pointed to a broader, nationwide trend of banning symbols of support for law enforcement because anti-police citizens were offended.

“It’s unfortunate that extremist groups have hijacked the use of the ‘Thin Blue Line flag’ to symbolize their undemocratic, racist, and bigoted views,” the police chief said.
When it comes right down to it, people are either honest and trustworthy, or they are dishonest and criminal. Honest people trust police officers and dishonest people hate them. Those who rant against law enforcement in political venues; mainstream and social media; agitate under the guise of political activism; riot and destroy property, and preach marxist doctrine in our schools and universities openly display the criminal nature that defines their characters. My Grandfather, who was born in 1887, referred to such individuals as, “….crooks!”

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://policetribune.com/minnesota...e-flag-for-law-enforcement-appreciation-day/?
Why does this continue to happen? I would tell them to go pound sand. Your being offended is not my causation or concern.

The police chiefs that have succumbed all recognize the image has been hijacked by the alt left to undermine the exact meaning of the flag but they still take the easy way out not standing up for the image as it was created. Granted, it is not a Betsy Ross or a civil war or a Gadsden flag but it was created for one purpose and that was to appreciate the LE officers who have died for their service.

The police chief of Golden Valley, who took the helm of the department just six months ago, made a public apology for posting a Thin Blue Line flag image to social media for National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.

Golden Valley Police Chief Virgil Green posted the flag image on Jan. 9 in a message acknowledging and thanking Golden Valley police officers for their service to the community, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

But on Jan. 13, Chief Green shared to the police department’s official Facebook page an apology for the post honoring his officers.

He said the post had been meant in a positive way but acknowledged that some residents were offended by the Thin Blue Line flag and he apologized for using the police support symbol in his message.

“Our social media post also included an image of the thin blue line flag,” the police chief wrote. “While the post was intended to thank our police officers, it appears the image offended some who viewed it. For this, I sincerely apologize.”

“For many, the thin blue line flag has always represented a way to honor the commitment we make as first responders to protect our community,” Chief Green’s post to the police department’s official Facebook page continued. “It is disappointing that in recent years the flag’s positive intention has been tarnished with divisive undertones and actions. We do not want to promote these negative connotations.”

The police chief included information about the history of the Thin Blue Line flag and its origins in his post and encouraged those who were offended to read up on it.

He said that it was his duty to acknowledge and thank his officers on National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day and to make the public aware of important days honoring police.

But Chief Green also said in his message that he didn’t want to offend anyone in the process.

“In the future, the Golden Valley Police Department will use images that do not bring unwarranted controversy between the police and the public,” he wrote.

The police chief, who became top cop in June of 2022, took heat from outraged residents who disagreed with his apology.

View attachment 343951

Some posted Thin Blue Line images and more social media criticism of Chief Green.

“Full support for the Golden Valley Police Department & every other LE agency around the country,” @MissElizabethA tweeted on Thursday morning. “This extremely weak ‘chief’ needs to resign. He’s part of the problem, and gave his officers a reason to be ashamed/ embarrassed of him. These folks stepped up to risk their lives.”

“As a MN resident, I will avoid any business in Golden Valley. Your cowering to a few at the expense of law enforcement,” @GerryPo tweeted.

Some critics pointed to a broader, nationwide trend of banning symbols of support for law enforcement because anti-police citizens were offended.

“It’s unfortunate that extremist groups have hijacked the use of the ‘Thin Blue Line flag’ to symbolize their undemocratic, racist, and bigoted views,” the police chief said.
There is an old saying, " All that is required for evil to flourish, and take over, is for good men to do nothing!" It's so old, it don't even say men/ women/ or undecided, when referring to gender!

Latest posts

Top Bottom