PD chief apologizes for thin blue line flag - Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
Funny thing--I was just thinking about this very thing yesterday as I passed a semi with one of those grayscale TBL flags flying off the back of the trailer. I don't care one way or another about the "thin blue line," but I don't like it being superimposed on our flag any more than I like seeing Old Glory done up in rainbow colors or with any other text or iconography on it.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chief is a coward, no backbone.
Not so much a coward but fearful about losing his job if he doesn't abide by the wishes of others, which seems to be about how our society has become these days.
Don't fly certain flags, remove monuments, ban books, rewrite history, don't use certain words, don't dress or act like someone else, don't . . . don't . . . don't . . .

Last edited:

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not so much a coward but fearful about losing his job if he doesn't abide by the wishes of others, which seems to be about how our society has become these days.
Don't fly certain flags, remove monuments, ban books, rewrite history, don't use certain words, don't dress or act like someone else, don't . . . don't . . . don't . . .
Yeah, I say everything has a price, but I have found my integrity does not. There are other departments in areas that would not ask him to apologize for something so ridiculous that would gladly take him if he made a stand and told people to grow up.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing--I was just thinking about this very thing yesterday as I passed a semi with one of those grayscale TBL flags flying off the back of the trailer. I don't care one way or another about the "thin blue line," but I don't like it being superimposed on our flag any more than I like seeing Old Glory done up in rainbow colors or with any other text or iconography on it.
Yep. I remember being taught "flag etiquette" as a kid, at school and in Scouts that you don't alter the flag in any way, or use it as clothing etc...

I see some "patriots" using flag-imprinted material for seat covers nowadays. Just another sign of our lowered standards as a nation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom