Open Range Shooter's Retreat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These guys have been mentioned in previous threads asking about long range stuff. I just wanted to give them a plug with a thread dedicated to their range.

You can now go out to a mile at this range.

They still require 48 hours lead time if you want to shoot. They do half- and full-day appointments. They have two lanes set up: The first is out to 800yd, the second goes from 1000 out to the mile.

I went out to prove my new optic I purchased for my AR at intermediate distances out to 500, and to put zeroes on my new NM sights for my Service Rifle gun. Walker was very accommodating with hanging my repair centers and even had a full size target that he put out for me to shoot at 600.

I definitely recommend them. It's $50 for a half-day and is worth every penny not to have to own/lease land, cut and hang steel targets, and to have someone willing to help spot for you while you shoot, among other benefits.

Find them on Facebook if you're there, or call Walker at 918-214-6072.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is steel every hundred out to 800 from the upper shooting station. Then when you move to the lower station you have 1000, 1100, 1200 and 1275. Occasionally he wil set out smaller randoms and I think there was a swinger on a fence at like 954, or something like that, the last time I was there. If you want to go for the mile, you have to go back by the gate and set up a bench and shoot. Too much grass to go prone from there.

ParatusForty-Six

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This range is a few miles south of Ramona, off of 75 between Bartlesville and Skiatook. They don't have a website. You have to call Walker or visit their Facebook page for info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom