Operation Blazing Sword

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of providing training and firearm access to everyone. I saw someone mention Operation Blazing Sword on Reddit and it looks like Oklahoma is one of the only states that doesn't have any instructors participating in the program. The project states it's goal is to provide first time shooting experiences to everyone:

1. To educate anyone in the basics of firearms safety and operation, enabling them to make an informed decision regarding whether or not owning a gun is right for them.

2. To demonstrate that gun owners do not hate LGBTQ people, and in fact want them able to protect themselves from violence.

3. To champion the fact that responsible gun ownership is a human right. All living beings have an inherent right to self-defense, and firearms are the most effective means of self-defense.

If you or someone you know wants to learn about firearms in a non-judgmental and safe environment, please reach out to one of our many volunteer instructors for free basic instruction.

https://www.blazingsword.org/

I would love to hear OSA's opinions on this program and am curious to know if any members are volunteering their services to expand 2A awareness and appreciation?

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like they should call it 'Operation Flaming Sword'...

I don't hate people who (by and large) fundamentally hate me and my moral positions. However I'll never train them. Call it self-preservation if you will.

I do agree with point #3 though.

Roots

New to the site!
Reaction score
I think that program sounds really cool. Everyone has the right to defend themselves. To do that effectively requires knowing how to safely operate a firearm. Plus, sharing a hobby is a great way to break down barriers,. Bringing people together who might not otherwise do so might make things a little less divisive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom