Optics Planet slow to ship

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I placed my first order with OP last week on the 15th.

I ordered two items and later that day received an email that one of the items could take up to 18 days to ship. I guess it was out of stock. It would have been nice to know that before I ordered it.

Anyway, the email stated that they would not charge my card until the items were ready to ship. They charged my card for the full order on the 17th. I noticed the charge on the 20th and called their customer service because there had been no update email as to the status of the order.

I was told that they would refund the amount for the OOS item and ship the in stock item. They ordered the OOS item after I placed my order on the 15th, and yes, it could take up to 18 days to ship.

The CS rep told me that I should get my refund for the OOS item today and that the other item should ship today. I am waiting on confirmation for both actions.

I am in no real hurry for either item but I'm not very happy about the way they do things there.

Is this normal operating procedure for Optics Planet?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I placed my first order with OP last week on the 15th.

I ordered two items and later that day received an email that one of the items could take up to 18 days to ship. I guess it was out of stock. It would have been nice to know that before I ordered it.

Anyway, the email stated that they would not charge my card until the items were ready to ship. They charged my card for the full order on the 17th. I noticed the charge on the 20th and called their customer service because there had been no update email as to the status of the order.

I was told that they would refund the amount for the OOS item and ship the in stock item. They ordered the OOS item after I placed my order on the 15th, and yes, it could take up to 18 days to ship.

The CS rep told me that I should get my refund for the OOS item today and that the other item should ship today. I am waiting on confirmation for both actions.

I am in no real hurry for either item but I'm not very happy about the way they do things there.

Is this normal operating procedure for Optics Planet?

I've heard similar complaints from folks. I think I've only ordered a couple of things from them. Only because I could get them cheaper retail than wholesale.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my UTG handguard from them as they had it about 30 bucks cheaper than anywhere else I found it, and yes it took them almost 12 days to ship it. Then, and I'm not sure if its their fault, the address got buggered up and I almost didn't get it (there are four streets with the same name, one court, one drive, one street and one place with my street and place having a house with the same number. Three of those streets are on a different mail route than mine due to being in a different subdivision). Probably be the one and only time I buy from them.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I saved around $10 on these two items but I doubt that I will use them in the future unless they have something that I want that is stupid cheap and I can't get it elsewhere.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had good luck with OP in the past, but my last order took about a month to arrive. Pretty sure it was a drop ship, but they had the cheapest price anywhere (aftermarket Buckmark parts) and I wasn't in a hurry.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My issue with OP in the past is they dont show if any item is actually in stock. The last time I tried to place an order with them they sent me an email a couple of days later saying the item was out of stock and not sure when they'd have more.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Just got an email that the item I ordered on Sept. 15th and they charged me for on the 17th has finally shipped.

Yeah, I won't be using OP again unless they have something I really want at near give away prices and it is not available elsewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom