Optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thise would be awesome scopes but the budget says $1300 or less and I don't want to break out the plastic, I hate paying interest. Later,

Kirk

Stick with a used Nightforce - or call K&M Tactical in Claremore (that's where a guy I went to class with got his).

I've heard a couple of different stories about USO not being what it used to be - and honestly I used to dream about getting one, so I'm a fanboy, but I don't know that I'd spend that kind of money on one if I wasn't sure about their quality.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I broke out the plastic I could get real stupid but :nono1: I'm thinking that granted I want to shoot NOW so I just pulled the WoTac off my 243 so I can work on loads and get some trigger time in but while I'm doing that I'll be stashing pennies and just go for the NXS 5.5-22x50 w/NP-R1 reticule and call it good! might be a cry baby for a week or so but if all goes right I'll only have to cry once. Later,

Kirk

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6.5-20x Leupold VXIII VFR optics are hard to beat
std 6.5-20 mil dot is not offered.... one has to send to custom shop to be out fitted with mil dot... adding $$$ to an already expensive scope. or order Leupold Mark 4 for $1300

have not seen any optics substantially better than Leupold's from any other brand scopes. IMHO when one reaches the high end shelve for optics... performance differences start getting small indeed. not so with price... large differences there.

I've not heard a soul say get a Leupold! all I have been reading is pretty much stick with IOR or Nightforce

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have this question posted at several different sites and you sir are the first to recommend a Leupold product! from what research I have done it seems as thought Leupold AND USO have been loosing interest with the tactical/LR shooters and I have found that there is a mess of new optics out there that give many of the old stand-bys a run for their money! I'm pretty sure granted I'll have to wait a little while longer to get it but I'm getting the Nightforce! it's gonna hurt the bank account but ya know I'm worth it :shocked: Later,

Kirk

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also a lot of people are really saying the new Vortex Viper PST is the scope to have for the money. FFP, milrad, etc for under $900

I might have to try on of these out for the money. Of course if I win the lottery I would get a Premier or S&B but don't see that happening any time soon.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also a lot of people are really saying the new Vortex Viper PST is the scope to have for the money. FFP, milrad, etc for under $900

I might have to try on of these out for the money. Of course if I win the lottery I would get a Premier or S&B but don't see that happening any time soon.

They reviewed one of the Vortex scopes on the Hide and it performed well (I think it was one of the Razor scopes with HD glass).

They do make a Viper PST with an EBR-1 Reticle with MOA measurements and .25 MOA knobs, or a different version of the EBR-1 in Mils with 1/10 Mil knobs - I completely forgot about Vortex's scopes (good choice for the money).

Latest posts

Top Bottom