Orange Bowl: OU - Clemson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So nobody gets a second chance to you? Kid got in a scuffle at a bar with a girl/woman who wasn't helping the situation. All blame falls on him and people scream about how they would treat him. Then they go to church on Sunday and sing of forgiveness. He did his time, he came back clean, and he has been an asset to the team. Quit crying about it already and move on with your life.

You are the exact fans I am talking about. "Been an asset to the team"....like that excuses knocking a gal out, even if she deserved it.

I'm not saying that the kid should be shot or locked up in jail for life. I am not advocating he have his hands cut off.

All i'm just saying that he shouldn't have the privilege to play football for the University of Oklahoma. Yeah, if you want to say that I don't believe in second chances for such a vaunted privilege, then yeah, I guess I don't.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our conference is a joke. For all the talk of the SEC and how much "praise" it gets, the proof is in the pudding. Just look at the numbers.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...rence-pac-12-sec-leading-way-see-big-12-ranks

The SEC leads the way with an 8-2 mark, and a chance to make it 9-2 and win a National Championship.

The BIG XII meanwhile stumbles in last place, with a 1-4 mark, and most of those losses were lopsided blowouts.

This is what kills our conferences. Recruits see these numbers, see Big XII schools getting embarrassed, and wonder why they should play there. By in large, we're getting the rejects from the SEC, Big Ten, and PAC-12, and that is setting us up for failure in the future when it comes to facing those higher level teams. Yeah, every now and then we beat a power conference team....

But honestly guys, we're more like Conference USA than we are like the SEC.

It sucks, and well, so do we.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would you really stand in front of your daughter after receiving a blow like that and say "well, you ought not to get uppity, and coax a big time football player to hit you, did you learn your lesson?"

I think most father's would want his head on a platter.

I'd rather my daughter not think she's immune to a fight because she's a girl. Don't go poking people and expect them not to lash out eventually. If women want to be treated equally then they can treat everyone with respect as well. But then that's an unpopular opinion even in the modern age.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our conference is a joke. For all the talk of the SEC and how much "praise" it gets, the proof is in the pudding. Just look at the numbers.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...rence-pac-12-sec-leading-way-see-big-12-ranks

The SEC leads the way with an 8-2 mark, and a chance to make it 9-2 and win a National Championship.

The BIG XII meanwhile stumbles in last place, with a 1-4 mark, and most of those losses were lopsided blowouts.

This is what kills our conferences. Recruits see these numbers, see Big XII schools getting embarrassed, and wonder why they should play there. By in large, we're getting the rejects from the SEC, Big Ten, and PAC-12, and that is setting us up for failure in the future when it comes to facing those higher level teams. Yeah, every now and then we beat a power conference team....

But honestly guys, we're more like Conference USA than we are like the SEC.

It sucks, and well, so do we.

Good god man quit your whining.

3-4 SEC bowls were basically gimmes. Teams like KState, Memphis, Penn State, NC State? Only one of those had a winning conference record. I still think the SEC is the strongest, but the cards were stacked in their favor on the lower bowl games.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh how different the songs would have been sung had OU only beat Clemson. The Big 12 is fine. OU is fine. OSU is fine. It is a game by played by young guys, many who cannot even vote or buy beer yet. Give them a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh how different the songs would have been sung had OU only beat Clemson. The Big 12 is fine. OU is fine. OSU is fine. It is a game by played by young guys, many who cannot even vote or buy beer yet. Give them a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said. In the end the game is just a game. Life moves on to more impt things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom