Orange Bowl: OU - Clemson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread ain't about some cheap-ass Ford! It's about the most important thing in the world. Get your heads on straight. Oh, wait, I forgot. It's just a game. Not much of one, though. Pokes can't beat Ole Miss with a stick.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, ****.

To everyone who says it is just a game, come on. That's loser talk right there. Everyone knows that there was nothing going on in this state before the Thunder game EXCEPT University of Oklahoma football, and it is something that each of us identifies with unless you identify with OSU.

As proof, I submit to you that "we", the OU fandom, showed our tacit support for Joe Mixon staying on the team when we all know that he should have been kicked off the team for what he did. We stated, by not taking a stand and demanding that he be kicked off of the team, that as long as he "served his suspension" and "didn't get in trouble again" and performed well in the games that we could stomach him. I'm sure none of us like him, but we'll tolerate him as long as he performs on the field. And he did just that, and we all looked the other way. Sure, one or two of us might have stood up and called him to be kicked off of the team, but I'm talking about OU fandom in general. We looked the other way for a chance to win a National Championship, and we got close. Doesn't speak highly of us, and each and everyone one of us knows it.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Makes you wonder about the match-picking abilities of the bowl committees. Looks like Stanford-Mississippi and OSU-Iowa would have made better games.

And,, by the way, in the light of day, I was right all along. It's just a game. The only exception may be the assistant coaches who are looking for jobs pretty soon.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, ****.

To everyone who says it is just a game, come on. That's loser talk right there. Everyone knows that there was nothing going on in this state before the Thunder game EXCEPT University of Oklahoma football, and it is something that each of us identifies with unless you identify with OSU.

As proof, I submit to you that "we", the OU fandom, showed our tacit support for Joe Mixon staying on the team when we all know that he should have been kicked off the team for what he did. We stated, by not taking a stand and demanding that he be kicked off of the team, that as long as he "served his suspension" and "didn't get in trouble again" and performed well in the games that we could stomach him. I'm sure none of us like him, but we'll tolerate him as long as he performs on the field. And he did just that, and we all looked the other way. Sure, one or two of us might have stood up and called him to be kicked off of the team, but I'm talking about OU fandom in general. We looked the other way for a chance to win a National Championship, and we got close. Doesn't speak highly of us, and each and everyone one of us knows it.

So nobody gets a second chance to you? Kid got in a scuffle at a bar with a girl/woman who wasn't helping the situation. All blame falls on him and people scream about how they would treat him. Then they go to church on Sunday and sing of forgiveness. He did his time, he came back clean, and he has been an asset to the team. Quit crying about it already and move on with your life.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh so do I now see a +issing contest brewing over Mixon and OU football success???? Hummmmmmmmmmmmm. lol A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Hard to put the finger on any one thing to blame such on. Win together and lose together. What happened to that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom