Oregon VS Stihl chainsaw chains.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 025 I bought about 16 years ago when we bought our house. I've got some good reliable use out of it and it is no where near death. I do need to replace the rubber seal in the fuel tank that the lines/hoses penetrate. Seems to leak fuel at higher RPM and with the saw tilted. Can't wait to move to OK so I can buy a bigger, badder Stihl.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 025 I bought about 16 years ago when we bought our house. I've got some good reliable use out of it and it is no where near death. I do need to replace the rubber seal in the fuel tank that the lines/hoses penetrate. Seems to leak fuel at higher RPM and with the saw tilted. Can't wait to move to OK so I can buy a bigger, badder Stihl.
Why in the hell would you need a chainsaw in commifornika? Everything we read and saw on TV about the recent fires said that landowners couldn't clear the brush or trees around their homes, thus preventing the fires consuming their homes if they could?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know some areas of California are riddled with trees makes Oklahoma look barren.
The wild fire areas I seen were mostly dry grass and steep hills get farther off the main roads and you eventually get a few trees.

Up North is way different territory as we all probably know.
Some people did just that . Removed all the leaf litter and no issues with the fires.
Better make sure the winds that carry those flames can't carry them all the way to your house.
Crazy how far a firenado will travel

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why in the hell would you need a chainsaw in commifornika? Everything we read and saw on TV about the recent fires said that landowners couldn't clear the brush or trees around their homes, thus preventing the fires consuming their homes if they could?

Ha! When we bought our house we had a lot of crap landscape that needed to go and it was a great excuse for me to purchase a chainsaw. Now I just need to move and justify buying a 362 24" to compliment my 025 18".

Ohhh, and Dennis, most place/neighborhoods that have homes that are in areas where wildfires are a possibility are required to remove most flammable vegetation from around their own property and if their homes butt up to a wilderness area the neighborhood association or even the homeowners are responsible to clear said brush "x" amount of feet from their property lines. Much of this requirement is for homes and neighborhoods that are situated on hillsides and slopes.

What you may be referring to is the liberal/progressive policies that do not allow the local forest to have the beetle-kill trees or any downed and dead trees, brush or other flammable vegetation to be removed or cut back for any reason whatsoever. They feel the removal of said "dead wood" would have a negative impact on whatever phucking insects or animals living in the forest. Liberal policies are a major reason for the severity of the fires. Also, if you have ever been in the Santa Ana wind conditions that Socal gets you would probably be shocked and how hard they blow how warm they can make the temperatures and how low it makes the humidity.

BTW, I'm guessing we have more trees in our neighborhood that all of Western Oklahoma has, plus our trees don't permanently bend to the North.:tounge2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! When we bought our house we had a lot of crap landscape that needed to go and it was a great excuse for me to purchase a chainsaw. Now I just need to move and justify buying a 362 24" to compliment my 025 18".

Ohhh, and Dennis, most place/neighborhoods that have homes that are in areas where wildfires are a possibility are required to remove most flammable vegetation from around their own property and if their homes butt up to a wilderness area the neighborhood association or even the homeowners are responsible to clear said brush "x" amount of feet from their property lines. Much of this requirement is for homes and neighborhoods that are situated on hillsides and slopes.

What you may be referring to is the liberal/progressive policies that do not allow the local forest to have the beetle-kill trees or any downed and dead trees, brush or other flammable vegetation to be removed or cut back for any reason whatsoever. They feel the removal of said "dead wood" would have a negative impact on whatever phucking insects or animals living in the forest. Liberal policies are a major reason for the severity of the fires. Also, if you have ever been in the Santa Ana wind conditions that Socal gets you would probably be shocked and how hard they blow how warm they can make the temperatures and how low it makes the humidity.

BTW, I'm guessing we have more trees in our neighborhood that all of Western Oklahoma has, plus our trees don't permanently bend to the North.:tounge2:

Yes, that’s what I was referring to. Rights of way and other public grounds can’t be cleared of the millions of trees or brush not only because of the bugs, but because of the carbon the wood is sequestering.
Well, how did all that planning work out for the greenies? Lol! Look at all the carbon and pollution that fire caused.
We flew over Ca. Last year coming from Alaska and I was shocked at how brown the mountainside’s were. Zero green in August.

Latest posts

Top Bottom