That Gurl, Lets compare tree attacking stories :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was working one day after a freeze. Came around a corner and pulled up to this Darwin award contest.
1000007792.jpg
1000007791.jpg

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are lucky to still be with us! I used to do a lot of dozer/tree work. Have had a few falls. Trees are as predictable sometimes like a wild Bull, just never know how **** bounces and will come back on a guy.
My son had a storm blow over a big tree onto the edge of his barn and fence last summer. It took three times as long to cut it up because I analyzed EVERY cut. I'm scared of trees and respect the hell out of them now. :)

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son had a storm blow over a big tree onto the edge of his barn and fence last summer. It took three times as long to cut it up because I analyzed EVERY cut. I'm scared of trees and respect the hell out of them now. :)

You and me, both, my friend. I've always had a lot of respect for them. Grandparents neighbor lady was killed by a tree when I was a little kid. I stood there and looked up at that tree for a little bit trying to decide if it was okay to walk under, even though the branches didn't hang that far over into the yard. (Plus, we had paid to have the branches trimmed up the property line a few years before.) It wasn't creaking; there wasn't a breath of wind; NOTHING to make me think it wasn't safe to walk next to. I hadn't done that I would have been safe in the shed when the branch fell. 🤦🤷🤷 I would have NEVER guessed that it would break off a branch at the trunk and then the weight would actually flip the branch over and smack me in the head/back with the big end of the branch. I'm thankful that is what happened though, because if the weight of the ice and leaf material on the branch was heavy enough to flip a branch whose base was about 6-8 inches wide over because it was the lighter end of the branch, I literally might not have survived it. Even if I survived the hit and bounce off the concrete, I probably would have frozen to death before Grumpy got home because there is NO way I could have crawled out from under it. I almost couldn't as it was. And that was the light end of the branch that was laying on me when I came to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom