Osa Dove Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those who have never hunted dove....I read that the ammo manufacturers make more money from dove season than any other season.
The story said that the national average for dove is 1 1/2 boxes of shells per bird. Just about every time you pull the trigger, they do make a move that will make for a clean miss. Its humbling.

Fixed it for you. I can personally attest to the mourning dove's ability to out fly most any shotgun.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who have never hunted dove....I read that the ammo manufacturers make more money from dove season than any other season.
The story said that the national average for dove is 1 1/2 boxes of shells per bird. Just about the time you pull the trigger, they can make a move that will make for a clean miss. Its humbling.

See the good shooters make my bad shhoting avg out to the 1 1/2 boxs LOL

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a thought on this. Curt Guide Service is doing a $40 hunt during the week. This might be a good option if we could get him to put us in one field together. I know for my places I seek permission it would be a stretch to ask for permission to bring along everybody.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a thought on this. Curt Guide Service is doing a $40 hunt during the week. This might be a good option if we could get him to put us in one field together. I know for my places I seek permission it would be a stretch to ask for permission to bring along everybody.

I wonder if we could get him to do that and maybe give us a group rate if we could fill up one afternoon or morning?

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would suggest 2nd or third weekend for the hunt, as labor day weekend is the first weekend and many people have family lake stuff or other things. I'd gladly pay $40 for a hunt.

Those of you who haven't dove hunted, it is a blast. When I was younger, we'd hunt them all day. Now I just go out in the evenings and mornings and light them up, if they fly straight (which they never do). It's one of those hunts where you can sit on your butt and blab away w/ friends as you hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom