Deer give away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure why, but the “OSA deer give away” thread got locked down… I posted in there and had a couple folks reach out to me via PM. I received a doe! It was donated to me and I’m very grateful! My family loves venison and I love to process meat at home, but I don’t have access to much in the way of hunting locations.

Thanks OSA and thanks to all the good members on here!

I processed it myself and tried not to waste anything. Got the meat from between the ribs and even doing a simple job to preserve the hide.

Attachments

• 80A98DF7-9EAA-4616-8726-07187BBD9CEE.jpeg
    80A98DF7-9EAA-4616-8726-07187BBD9CEE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’m not sure why, but the “OSA deer give away” thread got locked down… I posted in there and had a couple folks reach out to me via PM. I received a doe! It was donated to me and I’m very grateful! My family loves venison and I love to process meat at home, but I don’t have access to much in the way of hunting locations.

Thanks OSA and thanks to all the good members on here!

I processed it myself and tried not to waste anything. Got the meat from between the ribs and even doing a simple job to preserve the hide.
How many more would you like to have?

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I thought it was locked because I was looking in the wrong area? I don’t know, I’m technologically illiterate for being in my 30s lol

Again I’m super thankful! Shout out to Oklahomabassin! Family had venison stew last night and we are having venison on the menu for dinner again tonight. Yum..

The kids helped skin/cut/grind. I love it! Something so primal and satisfying about putting meat in the freezer yourself.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I thought it was locked because I was looking in the wrong area? I don’t know, I’m technologically illiterate for being in my 30s lol

Again I’m super thankful! Shout out to Oklahomabassin! Family had venison stew last night and we are having venison on the menu for dinner again tonight. Yum..

The kids helped skin/cut/grind. I love it! Something so primal and satisfying about putting meat in the freezer yourself.
Yeah I made two threads, one in the hunting forums so the hunters would see it, and one in the general forum so everyone would see it. I closed the hunting one and referred everyone to the general thread. It gets too hard to keep track of two threads that are discussing the same thing.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I made two threads, one in the hunting forums so the hunters would see it, and one in the general forum so everyone would see it. I closed the hunting one and referred everyone to the general thread. It gets too hard to keep track of two threads that are discussing the same thing.
Ah I see. That makes sense. Thanks for explaining

Latest posts

Top Bottom