OSBI Has Updated Their List of States

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Slider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

Link to Nevada Reciprocity List

Effective July 1, 2009

In accordance with NRS 202.3689 (effective October 1, 2007) the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:

Alaska
Arkansas
Kansas
Louisiana
Michigan
Missouri
Nebraska
Ohio
Tennessee
West Virginia

This law allows holders of valid permits from these states to carry a concealed weapon while in the State of Nevada. The permit must be in the possession of the issue at all times while carrying a firearm.

Please note that Nevada no longer recognizes CCW permits issued by Utah and Florida. For additional information, please refer to the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association press release link: NVSCA CCW Press Release

CCW Prohibited Locations defined by NRS 202.3673

Gary Slider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to say why Nevada won't except a OK Permit. I do know that they have a committee that decides who they honor. There are some NV Sheriff's on it and others. They look at the other states laws and decide. The one thing I have noticed is Nevada now only honors states that don't issue non resident permits. Well Tennessee does but only to people who live outside the state but work at least 30 hours a week in the state.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to say why Nevada won't except a OK Permit. I do know that they have a committee that decides who they honor. There are some NV Sheriff's on it and others. They look at the other states laws and decide. The one thing I have noticed is Nevada now only honors states that don't issue non resident permits. Well Tennessee does but only to people who live outside the state but work at least 30 hours a week in the state.

Oklahoma offers a 10 year permit.

Florida changed its permit renewal time from five years to seven

years before renewal. These issues were substantially different from Nevada’s law.

The Nevada Revised Statue 202.3689 required the Nevada Department of Public
Safety (NVDPS) to review all States’ requirements for issuing a carrying concealed
weapon permit. NVDPS was directed to determine the following:
1. Which states have an electronic data base which is accessible 24 hours a
day that identifies each individual who holds a valid permit to carry a
concealed weapon issued by the State?
2. Which States have requirements for the issuance of a permit to carry a
concealed weapon that are substantially similar to or more stringent than

Nevada’s requirements?

Latest posts

Top Bottom