1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

OU ain't a top 5 team.....

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JD8, Sep 23, 2017.

1. soonersfan

soonersfan Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I agree that it is time for Mike to go. I don't see the need to wait until the end of the season. I hope he takes Jordan F Thomas with him. KU is the only gimme left on the schedule. The rest of them are going to be interesting.

Anyone else hear the ISU defense asking Baker "who's your daddy?" after OU turned it over on downs. He had it coming. I love his game but don't care for the shenanigans. The season is not lost. They were never a title contender but I hope they figure it out in time to compete for a conference championship. I was worried about Texas, even before OU lost today. Hopefully this will get their attention.

2. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Did you watch TU play USC? I don't have a lot of hope for next weekend, though I'd love to be surprised. Texas is ALWAYS ready to play when it's OU and they gave #4 ranked (at the time) USC all they wanted. They had it won and couldn't quite hang, I think they ran outta gas in the 2nd OT.

3. druryj

druryj Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rating
    100%
    Saddened I am, to have learned after a thoroughly delivered azz whooping' administered by Iowa State, that a top 25 team, OU may not be. But they still may be top 100.

4. soonersfan

soonersfan Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I watched it. Texas is solid on defense. If OU can find a way to defend the pass, they should be fine. However Jordan Thomas is apparently the best thing they can run out there at corner and that's a huge problem.

I hate it when OU goes in to that game as a big favorite. I actually like their chances better when they've been humbled by someone else ahead of time. I'm certainly not ruling out a Texas victory but I still like OU to win. From a recruiting standpoint, I would say this game means a lot more to Riley than Herman.

Besides, it looks like OU spent the last two weeks preparing for Texas, not Iowa State, so they should be plenty prepared. [sarcasm if it isn't obvious]

Shadowrider likes this.
  5. Powerman620

Powerman620 Sharpshooter

It is really bad when I can sit in stands and see where play is going and apparently coaches can't or players get burnt time after time. Defense lost this one and almost last one.