20 Ga RemChoke big surprise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been one of those days were I look for stuff that is lost, I mean misplaced, and figure out what I forgot that I have. Found a really nice Leopold scope. I have had several 20 ga 1100s and 870s over the years many with RemChokes. I was looking for my Browning 12 ga chokes and ran across a couple of 20 ga RemChokes. Pulled out my 1100 (maybe 250 rounds thru it by me) and figured it would be a good time to see if the chokes I found matched the choke installed. The choke was tight against the shoulder and some resistance coming out but nothing to prepare me for the missing chunk that I found. I may have used this to dove hunt several years ago. It seems like I switched over to a 12 ga about half way thru.

The bore of the 20 ga barrel measures 0.619" to 0.620" before the choke. Spinning a telescoping gage, the barrel does not seem to vary any extent. All three chokes I have measure 0.624" to 0.625" in the diameter that seats against the barrel shoulder. Not a lot but it is bigger.

I pulled my 870 barrel out. End of barrel measure 0.617". Choke measure 0.623". The black etching of size on the 870 choke is darker than the 3 chokes I had out. I don't remember if there were extra chokes with the 870.

The 1100 is a lead only gun, usually 7-1/2 and 8s. No steel.

With either choke installed, I can feel the shoulder except at the top of the barrel. Screwed the choke missing the chuck back in and the missing piece in the area where I could not feel the shoulder.

Need to figure out how to get this gun back in to shooting condition.
RemChoke missing 98.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom