Out of pocket for the next 2 weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great! Wonder what they were thinking when the original builder put that much slope in the porch deck!

The original builder was my dad. It has settled over the last 30 years and it had a slight slope to begin with for water to run off. I didn't want to try jacking it up to much as that would start to break things.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the rails on. Tomorrow will be the stair rails. And no, these were not premade rails. Only the slats were precut.

20181011_171822.jpg 20181011_171811.jpg 20181011_171802.jpg 20181011_171746.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Those newel posts are excellent!! Really going to make the whole porch stand out !! What if anything are you going to do with the handrail posts? Was noticing there is no porch light and I have used the solar powered post caps you find at Home depot and Lowes.
The plastic ones work but are kind of flimsy but I installed 4 of the copper ones in a clients house about 4 years ago that are still working. They are low level lights just enough to see the steps without disturbing you while setting on the porch at night!
Of coarse all of that is moot if there is lighting I can't see in the pics !1

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those newel posts are excellent!! Really going to make the whole porch stand out !! What if anything are you going to do with the handrail posts? Was noticing there is no porch light and I have used the solar powered post caps you find at Home depot and Lowes.
The plastic ones work but are kind of flimsy but I installed 4 of the copper ones in a clients house about 4 years ago that are still working. They are low level lights just enough to see the steps without disturbing you while setting on the porch at night!
Of coarse all of that is moot if there is lighting I can't see in the pics !1

The rail posts will get cedar caps and there is a porch light. It's up behind the front support beam and on a motion sensor.

20181011_191404.jpg 20181011_191349.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom