Owning guns == drunk driving?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bean counters looking at actuarial tables. Nothing personal about it. Nothing philosophical about it. Why not just lie to them?

The stats that corolate gun ownership with violent death include crime and accidents,which they should,but also suicides which they should not. The stats are skewed.
An unarmed man is still free to jump off a bridge. This is America.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of doctors doing this too now. I'm sure their info goes straight to the insurance carriers too.

Never had an insurance company ask for any information close to this. Not to say it wouldn't happen, but I've never seen it.

On a side note, if you lie and tell them you don't own guns, then something happens involving a firearm and you need to file a claim (ND with medical bills, etc.), I could see it as a way for them to deny the claim.

Just sayin'...

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not an official thing, or them asking this question on an application or something. It's a voluntary survey that I think is meant to be an incentive to get people to think about their health and give them suggestions on how to be healthier (or less of a liability to the insurance company, in other words). Healthy people file fewer claims, insurance company makes more money, makes sense.

I'm not dogging BCBS, they've been pretty good to me. Hell, they probably didn't even write the survey. I just thought it was ridiculous that owning firearms got lumped into that list of reckless, irresponsible behavior.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not worth the $35. If you answer "no" they have reason to drop you if you make a claim and they prove you falsified information. Depending on the claim they can do a thorough investigation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom