Owning guns == drunk driving?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My insurance company has a thing where you can fill out a health questionnaire to get tips on how to improve your health, etc., and they give you a $35 gift card for doing it, so I figured what the hell. As I'm going through, I get a question that goes something like this:

Safety: You should think about how your environment can impact the safety of you and your family.

Do you do any of the following dangerous things?
  • Drive while intoxicated?
  • Speeding >5 mph over the speed limit?
  • Drive without a seatbelt?
  • Own Firearms?
WTF? Of course I answered no, because there was no "Tragic boating" option, but come on.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I could say I don't OWN any.

My wife owns them and I borrow them from her.

Isn't that what ole G. Gordon said?

Dave

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen that either, but DAMN do you guys see why I hate insurance companies so much? This is simply a way for them to increase rates or drop people.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen that either, but DAMN do you guys see why I hate insurance companies so much? This is simply a way for them to increase rates or drop people.

Serious here.
I can see your comment, and have to kind of agree, but on the other hand, looking at what insurance companies have to do to stay in business, is all a math thing.
They have investors that have to be satisfied with a certain amount of return to keep investing.
Don't they take these surveys and look at other statistics to determine if it pay them to stay in business.
I'm sure if all of your cases were pro bono, you would have to do something else to pay your employees.
State Farm and other insurance company's are bailing out of OK, as the storm damage makes their business unprofitable unless they do the bundle thing now. Auto insurance is the cash cow of the insurance folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom