Oysters in OKC...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the shack is awesome. it is on 63rd about a block west of broadway extension. it used to be a bunch of biker bars. spinozzi's, scooters n hooters, etc.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMT204 and I tried some raw oysters in Tulsa last weekend.... I think I'll just save those for Florida from now on.

Is there a particular place in Florida you dine on oysters?

We went to Sarasota for Thanksgiving 2010 and while there, we hung out at Siesta Key Beach a couple of times. While it may be normal fare for that area, or Florida in general, we never saw it at any other place we ate at, but at Daiquiri Deck they have 4 oyster shots. Each one is some random alcoholic concoction with 1 raw oyster dropped in. I rather enjoyed one called "The Oysterizer", which was vodka + cocktail sauce + oyster.

Here's a pic:
[Broken External Image]

While the other food there was decent, nothing amazing, I'd still recommend a visit if you ever see one (there's 3 I think), especially if you hate when eating oysters gets in your way of getting completely smacked up, as they've come up with the proper solution.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a good customer of mine die from eating raw oysters a few years back. I believe he was allergic to them.
Perhaps he was allergic to the raw sewage the oysters had dined upon? Believe you me, when God warned us in _Leviticus_ against consuming aquatic creatures that didn't have both fins and scales, he knew what he was talking about. Especially raw, and especially this far inland. Eatin oysters is agin the Book.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhhhh, OK.^^^^

There are people who are deathly allergic to shellfish and will quickly go into anaphylactic shock.

Will have to try this Shack of which you speak.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Perhaps he was allergic to the raw sewage the oysters had dined upon? Believe you me, when God warned us in _Leviticus_ against consuming aquatic creatures that didn't have both fins and scales, he knew what he was talking about. Especially raw, and especially this far inland. Eatin oysters is agin the Book.

Does that include shrimps and crawfish?:P

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that The Shack and Pearl's both have very good oysters. IIRC The Shack is a little less expensive.

The best deal I've found on them is in Tulsa though... Sunday brunch at the Philbrook Art Museum in Tulsa. They have an all-you-can-eat brunch for $22, which includes all-you-can-eat raw oysters. All the food there is outstanding, including the oysters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom