P-51 with working guns....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My guess would be the old slippery slope argument. First, a guy with a P-51D with six fully functioning M2 .50 caliber BMGs gets to fly with them, then you'd have guys hanging Miniguns off either wing of their homebuilt ultralights, then some clown would mount a Vulcan 37mm rotary cannon on a Cessna, and so on. Not trying to argue, either, but a line has to be drawn somewhere before the "me, too" crowd starts thinking, " I can top that!".

If only we had a constitutional amendment that protected those sort of rights.....

I get what you are saying and for the most part agree. That being said, I would mortgage the house for P-51 Mustang hog hunts....

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess would be the old slippery slope argument. First, a guy with a P-51D with six fully functioning M2 .50 caliber BMGs gets to fly with them, then you'd have guys hanging Miniguns off either wing of their homebuilt ultralights, then some clown would mount a Vulcan 37mm rotary cannon on a Cessna, and so on. Not trying to argue, either, but a line has to be drawn somewhere before the "me, too" crowd starts thinking, "Damn, I can top that!".
Damn I would like to ride that slippery slope.
Maybe The P51 that comes to the Ponca Fly in Breakfast every month or so is the one in Guthrie?
He is speaking of an A-10 at the Guthrie airport.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe The P51 that comes to the Ponca Fly in Breakfast every month or so is the one in Guthrie?

There are two P-51's that live at the Alva Airport. The Alva fly-in breakfast often features the two mustangs. They are "Sweet and Lovely" and "Little Rebel"

The amount of money it takes to fly and maintain these birds is just mind boggling. I'd go lurker on them (give my left nut) to go fly in a mustang. It's the top of my bucket list.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And you'd be about right - for a bucket list item.

The Lauderbacks will gladly help you out 41 down in FL (Stallion 51)………….granted you will need to sell a vehicle or two as the hourly rate is steep, and so is the ego's.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FOrgot to add - and it will not be a regular airplane getting the miniguns strapped to it, it'll be the Experimental Light Aircraft types that find their ways around most regulations……..that will be the mind-boggler when you see an ultralight with a Cannon on it……………..funny, but scary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom