P-51 with working guns....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then what about helicopter hog hunts. Not entirely the same but still firing a firearm from a aircraft. Not trying to argue but private owned aircraft and browning mg's if was done on private land why not right??

Sent via message in a bottle

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
whatever the reason, it's stupid. If the man can afford to restore a P-51, afford to own and shoot 6 M2's installed in said P-51, afford all the support equipment, ammo, maintenance on the plane, his own special range specifically for this project . . . and on . . and on . . . and on. . .

I'm pretty sure he's smart enough not to go strafing the ex-wifes house. Why? "Eye witnesses say a world war II airplane was seen over the vicinity right before the house was turned into a collander. . ." Pretty sure the guy wouldn't be able to get away with it.

This is a man's man though. not only restored a mustang, but rearmed it too. This pegs the kick-ass meter for sure.

The difference is being mounted to a dude (hog hunter) vs. being mounted to an aircraft. Violates FAA regs and ATF regs - which are both STUPID.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then what about helicopter hog hunts. Not entirely the same but still firing a firearm from a aircraft. Not trying to argue but private owned aircraft and browning mg's if was done on private land why not right??

Sent via message in a bottle
My guess would be the old slippery slope argument. First, a guy with a P-51D with six fully functioning M2 .50 caliber BMGs gets to fly with them, then you'd have guys hanging Miniguns off either wing of their homebuilt ultralights, then some clown would mount a Vulcan 37mm rotary cannon on a Cessna, and so on. Not trying to argue, either, but a line has to be drawn somewhere before the "me, too" crowd starts thinking, "Damn, I can top that!".

Latest posts

Top Bottom