P22 test over time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had mine for close to a week now and I bought it used, so no telling round count. There was no wear on the gun so it had to be low. I have ran close to 600rds through it and have had not a jam with and with a yhm mite suppressor. I love the little gun!! I polished the feed ramp, bottom of slide, hammer, barrel as well and it feels like the slide is on bearings

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like mine a lot. I believe they have improved the design with the newer ones. Mine performs flawlessly and accurately with cci mini-mag and Rem golden bullets. However, it doesn't seem to care for the federal bulk ammo. I chronographed all three of those rounds and they were all pretty close to the same velocity, about 1000 fps. The feds seem to have less felt recoil and that may be the reason that the don't cycle reliably.

Trev

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has the 3.4" model and I have the 5" target model. They have always performed with federal bulk ammo. No jams to date. I think they are great little guns.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot the hell out of mine without any problems. I think as long as you purchase a newer model your'e G2G. I know the old ones were riddled with problems but mine and a few others I've shot have been fine.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot the hell out of mine without any problems. I think as long as you purchase a newer model your'e G2G. I know the old ones were riddled with problems but mine and a few others I've shot have been fine.

My friend just got one a few months ago, jams all the time, slide sticks to the back.

Glad I got a buckmark.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys got the good ones. Mine has been back to S&W once, replaced the recoil spring after that. The slide will not lock to the rear now without a magazine in it. It usually doesn't make it through a full magazine without malfunctioning.

Would you be willing to sell it? I'll offer you $200 for it :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom