Package scenic route

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks UPS for the extra waiting time.
Screenshot_20230509-084558.png

It seems to be standard procedure now.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you seen FedEx? It's even worse. I can mail a package to my neighbor in Edmond and it will end up going to Memphis TN and back. I get that everything gets routed somewhere and then sent out, but that can't be cost effective?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tracking notices like that are becoming the rule rather than the exception with the USPS.

I happened to meet a sub carrier at my mail box a few days ago. Nice guy...not like the grumpy, hippy dude that's my regular carrier. He was holding my mail in his hand (I could see the address). He asked if I was expecting a package and I said I was. He went to the other side of his van and put my mail down on a package and started looking for my package. Then he looked at his little handheld computer. He said I was scheduled to receive a package tomorrow and the only package he had today was for "8xxx" (address numbers). I pointed to my black mailbox with 6" white numbers on it that said "8xxx". I said, "Big white numbers!" He looked really confused and said he wasn't sure what he was thinking. He handed me the package and started to get back in his van. I asked if I had mail...he started looking thru a box of mail on the front passenger seat. I pointed to where he placed it and said, "I think that's mine on the box in the back."

It suddenly became clear why our mail service is so bad.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife tracks the packages. I get to hear all about it from her. If I did I'd end up screaming at the e-mails and order history. Have IQ's suddenly dropped?

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you seen FedEx? It's even worse. I can mail a package to my neighbor in Edmond and it will end up going to Memphis TN and back. I get that everything gets routed somewhere and then sent out, but that can't be cost effective?
Yeah we have our pitfalls, once we where doing and eng change on a MD-11 and the shipper (Southtern Pride transport) took the eng to OAK, not OKC, they refer to us as "Oak City" not Oakland Ca......that got some people riled up added 2 days to the acft down time...lol

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Im using mine and the vast wealth of knowledge contained here on OSA to start a package delivery company. First route will be Edmond to Norman for $50 up to 2 pounds per package and $1 a pound thereafter. Get it to me by 10 am and I’ll have it there by 3 pm. May be hiring some of you guys if I need help. Who’s my first customer? Rockchalk, I’ll deliver to your neighbor for $20 special rate. 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom