Paint Ball Panic in Tx .. example of gun hysteria!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW

You do know it's a felony to carry a weapon onto school property, right??

Yes, there is an exception for someone who is dropping off or picking up a student and that person must stay with the vehicle. Of course, that is not the situation you described above.

Maybe you are a cop??

I never said that I was on school property or the playground when it happened.

I was actually at my truck (on the public street) getting a hit off of my water bottle.

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perfect opportunity to teach some young people about respect of firearms.

I thought about that. But, this kid was questionable to begin with.
I could see him going home to his parents and telling them that some man at the playground was talking to him about guns.

Same kind of situation I see at the store all the time when women leave their purses sitting in the shopping cart with their back to them.
I want to tell them "Excuse me, but were you aware that if someone wanted to, they could have taken your purse and you would never have seen them?"
With my luck, they'd call security or the cops and the story would change to "that man tried to steal my purse".

Dave

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about that. But, this kid was questionable to begin with.
I could see him going home to his parents and telling them that some man at the playground was talking to him about guns.

Same kind of situation I see at the store all the time when women leave their purses sitting in the shopping cart with their back to them.
I want to tell them "Excuse me, but were you aware that if someone wanted to, they could have taken your purse and you would never have seen them?"
With my luck, they'd call security or the cops and the story would change to "that man tried to steal my purse".

Dave

I hear ya. It doesn't have to be anything overt or heavy handed. Education can be just a few little comments, like "hey, we should always point guns in a safe direction" and "let's not talk like that", etc...

Mother dogs educate their pups with little nips and nudges here and there. It doesn't require a full on yelp most times.

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know though. You have my support for sure. I just think the way we win these battles with society involve saying and doing those little things when necessary. Maybe we can get this country back to something that resembles normal. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom