Dishwasher brands good/bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoShoots

Marksman
Reaction score
I use that LeftHand RightHand brand of dishwasher. Hasn’t failed me yet. Much faster then the new fangled kind. Soap on, soap off.

I'm also a hand washer. Just faster and done right now instead of loading for 10 mins then unloading for 15.
But for the wife, I put in an Bosch 2 years ago. Like others said it's whisper quiet. You can't tell it's running, and it cleans good. None of them clean as well as a sponge and a dishrag because they're just squirting water around for an hour, but it does as well as expected. It's nice that you can watch a movie while it's going without hearing WHHHHOOOSH for an hour.

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a Bosch in the old house. Am actually replacing a GE in our current house tomorrow with a KitchenAid. The decision maker likes the interior better. Rated about the same as the Bosch we were looking at. Will see.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dishwasher has be solid for 37 years. The only draw back is that hums a little and sometimes makes a singing sounds. Hardly uses electricity, water and uses very little soap. Oh, sometime the dishwasher swing by and pick up my dishes from the table. The Brand is Rosa and was made Mexico. But they don’t make it like this anymore, like anything else quality is suffering.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got an old Maytag that's about 30 years old- we bought the house from an older single lady who bought it from another single lady and it's just me and the wife 90% of the time- my daughter is here 3 days a week but it's just after school 2 of those days. Grandkids once in a while. Usually only run it 2 - 3 times a week- we don't eat out much. Old dog still works great- I like that it has the sani temp which gets hotter than hell. It rarely leaves anything with crap on it. In contrast to that, I had another house with a newer Maytag that was about 5-6 years old that just quit working, but we were in the country then and both the well and rural water were super calcium/mineral heavy. It seems to be common today for this stuff to not last as long as they use to. After all, if you sell appliances, why limit yourself to only selling a new one every 20 years. I doubt there's a hell of difference from one of the name brands, but the el cheapo's probably work less that a little better brand. Kind of like a wife, some may be good- some may be bad- some may be good some and some may be bad some, but they all grip about how many guns you have and a whole more- like when you gettin me a new dishwasher.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had an Amana, bought it in '92. Quiet and done a good job. Replaced it in '19 with an all stainless Maytag. So quiet, can't hear it running when standing in front of it. Long clean cycle and cleans exceptionally well. Highly recommend.
Looked at the Bosch, but the price difference didn't make sense, to me.
All of our appliances are Maytag, Whirlpool or Frigidaire. All purchased during remodel in '19. Very happy with all.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm also a hand washer. Just faster and done right now instead of loading for 10 mins then unloading for 15.
But for the wife, I put in an Bosch 2 years ago. Like others said it's whisper quiet. You can't tell it's running, and it cleans good. None of them clean as well as a sponge and a dishrag because they're just squirting water around for an hour, but it does as well as expected. It's nice that you can watch a movie while it's going without hearing WHHHHOOOSH for an hour.

Even though we’ve lived in houses with dishwashers for the past 35 years I’ve never used them. We just store stuff in them. Quicker and easier to do them by hand.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought a Bosch about 12 or 13 years ago at our old house and then moved to town. We kept the old house. After living in town for around a year decided it sucked so we moved back in the old place. 8ish years ago we bought our current home and swapped out the dishwashers. Still have it. Super quiet and does a great job of cleaning dishes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom