Paintball Community Involvement Opportunity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
heh, cool. ryan was over at my place this saturday with the LK guys - iwo jima this year is gonna be pretty awesome. we got the first three missions ironed out.
I heard a little about it. Sounds like its gonna be fun, hope we break 400 this year for it.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the refs out there was telling us about the scenario based matches, sounds like a lot of fun. We were out there last Saturday from 1 to 5, man it was hot.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, the scenario stuff is what I use to play, but we didn't have "woodsball" as a term back then. There was paintball and that newer "speedball" thing.

Last time I played, even the kids were playing the bigger matches, not just the jersey matches. Is that still the case, or have the daddy funded snots moved mostly to speedball and inflatable matches?

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, the scenario stuff is what I use to play, but we didn't have "woodsball" as a term back then. There was paintball and that newer "speedball" thing.

Last time I played, even the kids were playing the bigger matches, not just the jersey matches. Is that still the case, or have the daddy funded snots moved mostly to speedball and inflatable matches?

"daddy funded snots" lol! i like that. yes 90% of them i'd say get drawn into the speedball aspect. i've been to some fields where that stuff is pretty bad, where nobody wants to play with the "speedballers". those that gear for & like to play in the woods primarily are pretty good folks.

i completely understand what you mean though. back in my early days i played at a local indoor field (SWAT Paintball in tulsa) - that place was completely saturated with "snots" and ended up not being able to stand it anymore. adventure zone has a really strong woodsball community, they usually outnumber any speedball kids 5 to 1 on any given weekend.

here's a pic of us with a few of our sister teams, we have practice meets where we mix up all our allied teams and scrimmage against each other, then go to the big scenario away games and all fight as a single unit usually winning by a landslide. this is the main group of folks you'd be playing with if you joined up.

dproberts.files.wordpress.com_2011_03_20110326_043750.jpg

M

Mach1soldier

Wish I was closer and around to check it out and apply. I grew up playing woodsball (new term I guess) with a bunch of older guys (I was 16) who only had two rules, have fun and be respectful or else no invitation back. I loved it. I evenutally progressed to Speedball at local fields but after a couple years grew tired of the arms race. It seemed eventually to be a game where you got to your first bunker and then just slung paint until it was one or two people left and then you could move. Glad to see there are still some more tactical / scenario games going on. Good luck in your search. It shouldn't take long.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im gonna be out at adventure zone tomorrow(sat aug4th) from 8-11am for those that were interested. im the guy in the camo pickup truck that parks next to the shooting range, if im not nearby ask the guy at the counter for soulspitter.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im gonna be out at adventure zone tomorrow(sat aug4th) from 8-11am for those that were interested. im the guy in the camo pickup truck that parks next to the shooting range, if im not nearby ask the guy at the counter for soulspitter.
The camo truck that we use as a tank during the events?

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The camo truck that we use as a tank during the events?

yup thats the one, gonna be running a new turret, new guns & some major sound system upgrades at iwo this year. (oct 6th)

if you hear ride of the valkyries start playing nearby i advise you run for your life as fast as your little legs can carry you.
pic of me (black suit) & my gunner.
dproberts.files.wordpress.com_2009_10_teamwarwagon.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom