• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

South West OK Pedersoli 1874 Sharps, 45-70 (SPF)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is this item for sale?
  1. For Sale
Sale Price
1100$
Caliber
45-70
I'm going to regret this as Its a really cool rifle I love the look of it but need to move some stuff! I've got a JP Gemmer Pedersoli Sharps for sale, Caliber 45-70, it is used not pristine, looks like an original. Bore is in great shape. Barrel stamped "JP Gemmer St. Louis" If you don't know about Gemmers just google it and read the history, pretty cool looking rifles if you like that sort of thing, I do, He did Trap doors, High Walls, Sharps, Rolling Blocks, basically any of the old single shots he could get ahold of. If you like Sharps rifles then you know Pedersoli makes a quality one. Asking $1100 for it. Thanks for looking IMG-3375.jpgIMG-3375.jpgIMG-3379.jpgIMG-3380.jpgIMG-3381.jpgIMG-3382.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-3376.jpg
    IMG-3376.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0

Matt Despain

New to the site!
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Chris Wilson, I saw the Gemmer Sharps you are selling and would love to pick it up if still available. I've always loved the Gemmer model having shot blackpowder Hawken rifles plenty. I'm in Norman and could swing down to Elgin really easy. In fact, I play in the Oklahoma Firefighters Bagpipe band with firefighters in Elgin, so I'm down there frequently. Please let me know if the Gemmer is still available. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have and awesome day. Matt Despain.

If you'd like to call that would be great, my cell is 405-226-2719 and my email is [email protected]

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for your interest but I sold that over a year ago, thats why it was marked SPF. Thanks for the interest, I doubt you'd be able to get it away from the ole boy that bought it, he really seems to like it. I had 5 45/70s at the time and needed some cash for another project so sold that one as it was the least shot of my others. I do wish I'd just kept it though as it was a really cool looking sharps and the only Gemmer style I"d ever seen. I found it at the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Gun show one year.

Matt Despain

New to the site!
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your interest but I sold that over a year ago, thats why it was marked SPF. Thanks for the interest, I doubt you'd be able to get it away from the ole boy that bought it, he really seems to like it. I had 5 45/70s at the time and needed some cash for another project so sold that one as it was the least shot of my others. I do wish I'd just kept it though as it was a really cool looking sharps and the only Gemmer style I"d ever seen. I found it at the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Gun show one year.

Matt Despain

New to the site!
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally bummed I missed out. I've always wanted the Gemmer Sharps. Thank you for the reply. Brand new (neophyte) here and was trying to figure out what SPF meant. I kept getting info on sunscreen when I googled!! LOL. Have an awesome day.

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
SPF, sold pending funds!😂 sorry about that, can’t delete threads, it was the first one I’d ever seen. Be pretty easy to turn an existing sharps into one if you could find one cheap enough or get ahold of a barreled action. Looked a whole lot like my Lyman Great Plains black powder rifle. I’d suggest you go to the big Tulsa gun show in November and see what you can find. I will say the one negative I had about the Gemmer was the cleaning rod that was mounted under barrel, it moved allot while shooting it, Needs a way to lock it in place till needed.