Perfect Morning for Burning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_5892.jpeg
73462150053__1453452F-A7E1-4F8D-809D-06BB1CB6B385.jpeg
IMG_5895.jpeg
IMG_5894.jpeg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pile of dead canes out of my blackberry bushes. (Don't be too rough on me -- this is the first spring I've felt like cleaning them out since my accident. And it still took me all week. Man, my back is pissed at me. 🤐

Oh well ... Anyway my blackberry bushes and fig bush look beautiful now. And I have a pile of dead canes and sticks that need burning off. Guess I'll drag the burn bin around to the front Sunday afternoon and burn that stuff off real quick before the rain gets here Monday. 🤷 Tomorrow and Sunday I need to get the kitchen and dining room and living room cleaned out because we are gonna start knocking out that wall next week. 😬😳 I'm starting to get REAL nervous ... Lol

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the last 6 months its hard for me to remember when i didnt have a brushpile burning, had one this morning which was the last one for that small area going to have to move to another area and start all over but i think im going to slow down til fall gets here with the warm temps and busy cutting grass may not have time for clearing brush.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pile of dead canes out of my blackberry bushes. (Don't be too rough on me -- this is the first spring I've felt like cleaning them out since my accident. And it still took me all week. Man, my back is pissed at me. 🤐

Oh well ... Anyway my blackberry bushes and fig bush look beautiful now. And I have a pile of dead canes and sticks that need burning off. Guess I'll drag the burn bin around to the front Sunday afternoon and burn that stuff off real quick before the rain gets here Monday. 🤷 Tomorrow and Sunday I need to get the kitchen and dining room and living room cleaned out because we are gonna start knocking out that wall next week. 😬😳 I'm starting to get REAL nervous ... Lol

I mowed/weedeated about 2 acres with a Zero Turn while it burned. The mowing and burning wore my ass out! I enjoy it though! The Dog and I play frisbee and take fun breaks! And when we work hard on Fridays we get treats!!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the last 6 months its hard for me to remember when i didnt have a brushpile burning, had one this morning which was the last one for that small area going to have to move to another area and start all over but i think im going to slow down til fall gets here with the warm temps and busy cutting grass may not have time for clearing brush.

This will be the last big burn I will most likely do in my life. Kinda somber. But do enjoy burning brush. This place we recently bought has been officially cleaned up!

It was perfect this morning, the heat went straight as an arrow upward with no sideway wind! II had been waiting awhile for the “Most Perfect Day” and this morning was it. As the pile was surrounded with Red Cedars and a RV Carport and Barn. Neither the trees or RV Carport/Barn got hot. The pile was 7 to 10ft tall and about 60 ft long.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice burn. We have to do one every year or two, but not that big.

I was going to spray 2.4-D Amine today in the yard with the tractor sprayer but the wind picked up in the wrong direction. The drift off that would have hit the bushes in front of the house, killing them. Need a North wind to get the 2 acres sprayed safely and it’s not coming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom