Phil Labonte of All That Remains on the Second Amendment and our right to bear arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was listening to this when I clicked on this thread.

This thread is now a metal thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was listening to this when I clicked on this thread.

This thread is now a metal thread.

Are the songs they sing mostly about freedom, or is that just one among many different types. Anyway, for me, kind of unexpected coming from a metal group like that one.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are the songs they sing mostly about freedom, or is that just one among many different types. Anyway, for me, kind of unexpected coming from a metal group like that one.

Not all of them, but I do believe they have numerous songs that spell out or address similar things.

MOST metal bands tend to be libertarian or at least liberty oriented, since there's always been that "don't tell me what to do" mentality in the rock genres anyways. The very concept of metal is to create music that is philosophically deep and edifying, even if it isn't pleasing to the ear or doesn't sound very 'nice'. We don't write songs about cars and girls, we write songs about the dichotomy of good and evil or the ascension of mankind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom