Picked up my new Mossberg 88 pump 12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. What a great gun for a great price. Mossberg and other than a few minor things, everything from Mossberg 12's are interchangeable. I'll be giving a full clean today and get all the factory grease out of it and oil up good. I picked up a 100 pack of Winchester 2 3/4 eight shot 1 1/8 oz. People give these shells grief but I use the white box in lots of my guns and they're great. Plus I paid almost nothing for the gun and the ammo. The 12 was shocking how low the price was. I'll pic up another 100 rnd pack tomorrow if any is left. Going to pick up some slugs as well. I'm looking for an add on barrel (turkey barrel) and a rifled one as well. Not a fan of shooting a lot of turkey loads because I'm a weenie.
I'll be having fun with this. Ordered an ATI stock with pistol grip in Destroyer grey. I'll spray can the forend. Also have a light with laser I'll add along with a side saddle. Just going to as much as I can and have fun.
mossberg mav 88 security b.JPG
88 a.JPG
88 a.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a multi function 12 and you can hunt anything that walks crawls or roost. From slugs to buckshot, good to go. I can set it up for home defense to turkey hunting in just a few minutes. That is very cool. Not sure why people think a shotgun has to cost a grand to be good. That's just not true. Once I get used to shooting it with different ammo, I'll have a review but I can lay odds it will be a super review.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got the right tool for the right (job)s. I think the Mav 88's are a heck of a good shotgun. Sure, I'd like to have a tricked-out Mossy 590 or a sweet Benelli, but for the money, and for what I want it it be and what I want it do, it's ideal.
You and I think a lot alike. Got it tore completely down and cleaning every nook and cranny. I'll oil well and was hoping to be able to shoot today but I'm dog sitting.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See yalls fancy with your pump action mossbergs. I'm more old school, I've got the 395 bolt gun as my do all. She's a blast and a half! With a few spair mags (2 rounds) it's fun to run reload drills. I've been hunting for elusive 5 round mags for years, but when they pop up I usually can't justify the price.

16147925749574899192100311318214.jpg
22664250_2.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered the ati stock/grip in Battleship grey. I will rattle can paint the forend the same color. What do you (everyone) think about the color and the ATI part? I have the same set up on my AK and love it. Let me know druryj and everyone. Looking for an additional barrel as well.
ATI.jpg

Turner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like it. My brother has the same setup as yours, and I continue to think I should have one also, but just haven't found an available 88

Latest posts

Top Bottom