Pictures from Watertown Shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
moh-boston-5_grande.jpg
This is a zoomed in view from the last image. The red circle highlights the pressure cooker bomb that was used just moments after this photo was taken. The use of this explosive created an enormous cloud of smoke that covered the entire street. While the street was still cloudy with smoke one of the brothers started running down the street towards the officers, while still engaging them in gunshots. As he got closer to the officers, within 10 -15 yards of them he was taken down. From my vantage point I did not see whether he was tackled to the ground or brought down by gunshots.

moh-boston-6_grande.jpg
As the one brother was running toward the officers the second got back into the SUV, turned it around in the street and proceeded to accelerate at the vehicle barricade. This image shows the black SUV charging the officer vehicles. (Taken 12:50:57AM)

moh-boston-7_grande.jpg
This is a zoom-in from the last image and the red circle highlights where one of the brothers was taken down and still laying in the street. The black SUV proceeded to accelerate towards the officers and drove in between the two cars at the top of the picture. The SUV side swiped both cars taking out doors and windows and ultimately broke through the vehicle barricade and continued driving west on Laurel St. This was the last I saw of the black SUV.

moh-boston-8_grande.jpg
This image was taken from the east-facing window. As soon as the black SUV had left the street officers rushed toward the green sedan and the spot of the shooting. As soon as officers got to the vehicle they started alerting all others on scene that there were “IEDs” on the street and for everyone examining the scene to clear the entire street. Also pictured at the bottom of the image is a Watertown Police SUV that had crashed in our driveway at the start of the gunfight and had many of its windows shot out. (Taken 12:57:52AM)

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
moh-boston-10_grande.jpg
At the bottom of this image is the blast mark from the pressure cooker bomb that exploded in the middle of the street. At the top of the image, the bright light is a bomb detecting robot that was moving toward the blast mark. (Taken at 1:20:10AM)

moh-boston-11_grande.jpg
Here bomb squad personnel inspect the blast mark of the large explosion. (Taken 1:39:22AM)

moh-boston-12_grande.jpg
Here heavily armed agents are still in search of the suspect on Laurel St. (Taken 2:14:54AM)

moh-boston-13_grande.jpg
Here is the bomb detecting robot inspecting the vehicle from the back right passenger seat. (Taken at 2:49:19AM)

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
moh-boston-15_grande.jpg
After shooting had stopped my roommate found a bullet hole that penetrated his west-facing wall and continued to pierce through his desk chair. His room is on the 2nd floor corner of the house, closest to the street, with west and south facing walls

moh-boston-16_grande.jpg
The bomb squad had finally inspected the entire vehicle and all the backpacks beside it and have cleared the area. (Taken 5:45:25AM)

moh-boston-17_grande.jpg
Armed Agents searching and evacuating all homes on Laurel St. They evacuated ours shortly after this photo was taken. (Taken at 6:01:17AM)

moh-boston-18_grande.jpg
This is Jeff’s car in our driveway, which took 2 bullet holes in the back window and the left rear tire.

After being evacuated from our home, we spent a long and emotionally straining day in our neighbor’s house down the block. My roommates and I are all very grateful that we made it through such a terrifying event unharmed. These kind of horrifying events make you realize how precious life really is and the need to cherish every moment you have. You quickly reflect on the people that surround you and how important those relationships are in your life. I know I am truly blessed to have my health and safety after this horrible event and am thankful for every person that has touched my life. Thank you to all of my family, friends, and the incredible number of people who reached out with love and support.

Truly Blessed,
Kitz

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that is absolutely, incredible! It would be very tempting to have shot those guys from that postition. I"m sure, if he had, the police would have lit his house up too, because they wouldn't have known if it was a good guy or bad guy.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'd have capped em.

But, that's just me. I don't think the police would have opened up on the house. They were pursued to that spot, and weren't just found hanging out there. It is the North East though, and isn't like the little place where the old dude smoked the bad guy from 100 yards thru this trailer house window with a .357 while said bad guy was in a firefight with the local police. Could be they would have opened up on him, but I don't think so. Especially when the bad guys went down and the shooting stopped.

Truth be know, I'd have probably been cowering behind a couch in the other side of the house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom