Pieced together AR's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, what sparked this topic. I always laugh a little when searching, the ever awesome and abused, Armslist and somebody states that they would like to trade such and such for a nice ar, and follow that with, no pieced together crap, granted not everybody is an expert, and I dont claim to be one either, however I've seen some very nice ar's that have been "pieced" together that run and look better than most factory plain jane black rifles.

As far as I'm concerned, I just like building them, its a fun enjoyable process for me.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have built 15+ AR's in the last year and a half, uppers and lowers. I learned how to build them from asking questions, watching the YouTube videos, and screwing up. All of the ones that I have built I am 100% confident in. I know what parts were used and how they were assembled. I understand if someone else is iffy on buying a rifle I built, I would be of any rifle that I didn't build. I built or helped build 7 or 8 for friends of mine, not a one of them has come back to me with any issues. I really just enjoy building them, that's why I don't buy factory built rifles. Plus if I did buy a factory built rifle I would change most of the parts out anyway so what would be the point of buying one?

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have pieced together three and they all run great. I am starting on a forth. I would like to buy a noveske or BCM. BCM never has anything in stock when I want it and like others have said I would change the stock and hand guard and the sights, I would add a trigger. Then you have ammo cans full of stuff you dont want and you can't get rid of.

I trust myself now, I didn't on the first one. Anyway I am a tinkerer and like to build things. That said I couldn't sell any of them because I could never get my money back. I am pretty sure I would never buy a pieced together one off of an individual I didnt know or trust for fear of being taken. I would buy a pieced together one off of a buddy if it was a good deal and knew what parts are in it.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know. A buddy of mines dad wants an AR and I originally pointed him at the Larue PredatAR. But then, I priced out building my own and I could buy better parts for the same amount of money and do it myself. Which makes sense. Plus I enjoy putting one together.

Start with a box full of parts and walk out with a rifle.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've never owned, or shot - I think, a factory AR-15.

I would be leery of buying a FrankenAR if I couldn't see/inspect in person prior to purchase. If I could look at it in person, it would be easy enough to verify the majority of the parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom